April 10, 2016
We got our pinewood derby cars all done and ready to be checked out for the big race today! I chose to do a Minion car. I saw one while looking at cars with dad and thought the Minion one was pretty cool! Mom and Dad liked it because it looked easy!
I wanted to design my own, paint it and the decorations on top. I choose a purple car that shimmered and painted heart flowers on the top!
Our cars had to get weighed and then make sure they would fit on the track. Mine is cleared for the race!
Is my Minion going to make it? It passed the test and is ready to go!
Before the race there was a BBQ at our church. I enjoyed my hamburger.
Say cheese for the cheeseburger!
When we were done eating we headed inside to get a front row seat for the races!
My Minion took on Allie's truck. Neither of them were very fast race cars.
Mine barely beat Allie's car.
Next up McKenzie's raced a black car.
The black car was too fast for her car and she lost.
Where it got skunked. Here is the Minion with no other cars around it not because it was so far out in the lead.
Mine got to race again.
It also got skunked. Our cars didn't turn out to be very fast, but we had fun making them and watching them race.
Here is a good picture of the flowers that I painted on my car.
I was kind of sad that I didn't win a trophy, but happy I got a ribbon.
It was a fun pinewood derby! We had a great time making our cars and racing them!
No comments:
Post a Comment