We have been in Redding for almost 10 years now and have never been to the Shasta Caverns. We thought we would check it out while we still had the chance.
We took a picnic lunch to eat while we waited for our tour to begin.
We love picnic lunches.
We love the Disney water balls that we get when we go to the store sometimes. Last time we went they had Captain America water balls and we thought we needed to get one for Dad.
I sure liked my sandwich.
After lunch we headed down all the stairs to get to the shore.
It was a fun little hike down to the lake where we caght the boat.
We made it down, now we just need a boat to get us across the lake.
We had a little time while we waited, so, we thought we would get some pictures in.
It is so nice to see the lake come up after a couple of years of drought!
Getting onto the boat.
We found some seats.
I was pretty excited to get to go on a boat ride.
I decided to sit between Granpy and Daddy.
During the boat ride we headed over to the side of the boat so we could see out better.
After the boat ride you get on a bus that takes you up a curvy steep road to the caverns.
The view of Lake Shasta from the top!
Mom had me get in the picture of the lake.
Here are the rocks that the cave is under.
Here we go to see the cave.
Shasta Caverns is a big cave to tour.
There were a lot of cool rock formations like this one.
I thought that the caves were really neat and fun to see.
I had fun in the caves to. I just wanted a little snuggle time with Daddy at this moment. Mom didn't get any other pictures in the caves, because, her battery died. It was a fun adventure seeing the caves today.
No comments:
Post a Comment