Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Moving day for our stuff

April 30, 2016
It is moving day here.  Well at least for our stuff.  This morning three amazing men and a big ginormous truck showed up at our house.  The three men started at 8:30 and finished at 5:30 and during that time they were able to get our stuff all packed up and put into this truck.
We had to head outside to check out the truck.  It was one of the biggest we have ever seen, especially, that close up.
Here is the front!
Mom's goal was to keep up entertained and out of the way of the movers while they did their work.  She thought a good project would be to replant some plants.  I found my Dora shovel and gloves and got right to work digging a hole.
At school a couple of weeks ago we learned about seeds and growing.  During that week we planted radishes, grass, and pumpkin seeds.  Then when they were big enough they sent them home with us.  The other day we got the radishes.  There was a pot outside that was already filled with dirt and mom thought it would be the perfect pot to replant my radishes in, so, they could grow.
It was a team effort to plant the radishes.  I did the digging, since, I had the gloves and shovel.
I am getting the soil all tilled up.
Alright McKenzie I think we are almost there.
I got to take the radishes out and replant them in the new pot.  I was being very careful with them.
Our radishes are all planted and watered.  We are excited to watch them grow and turn into radishes we can eat.
As the day went on more and more stuff got packed up. The garage was one of the first areas tackled and they brought the kayak out to pack it up.  It sat out front for quite a bit of the day, so, we decided to play in it.
Mom kept her camera close by to make sure that it didn't get packed up.  It would have been sad not to have pictures for the next couple of months.  Since her camera was so handy, she ended up taking quite a few pictures.  Plus there wasn't much else to do as we tried to stay out of the way.
We had a great time playing in the kayak.  Who needs to take it out on the water when it is this much fun landlocked.  
Like we said mom had way to much time on her hands and her camera was way to handing.  We were good sports about smiling for her and her taking lots of pictures.


While we were outside our sweet neighbor came over to talk to us.  He also brought us suckers as a special treat.  
I think I am far off in Candyland right now!
Here I am back in this land enjoying my sucker.
Daddy came to hangout with us for a little while.
What a nice place to lay back and relax while the movers work really hard packing our stuff.
Big smiles for the camera.
While we were out there talking with our neighbor this hummingbird kept fluttering around on our paintbrush bush.  He or she was sure fun to watch.
Can you spot the hummingbird?
I am all strapped in and ready to be moved!
We headed across the street to check the mail and from across the street you could get a much better view of the big truck.
We headed out back to do some weeding.  Well mom headed out back to do some weeding and Kenzie and I played hide the marble in the dirt.  Can you tell we were playing in the dirt?
How about now?  I had dirt all over my face.  We sure had fun playing with the dirt and the marble.
We took a break from weeding and relaxed on the lawn furniture before it got packed up.
Still smiling.
The movers have almost everything all packed up and ready to take away.  We ran up and down the drive way while we watched them finish up.
We ended up having a fun day amongst all the chaos that was at our house today.
The truck is all packed up and our house is pretty much empty.  They are taking all of our stuff to Carsen City where it will wait until we are ready for it to be delivered to us in Redmond, OR.
Since they packed up our beds that means we are sleeping on the floor for the next couple of months.  We don't seem to be bothered by this new adventure.
We aren't sleeping together.  We just wanted to lay down together before McKenzie had to head to her room.
We should sleep well after a long and busy day.  Mom and Dad were so impressed on how quick and efficiant those movers were today.  They were also very thankful for them becuase who knows how long it would have taken to get all our stuff packed up.  I just know it would have taking a lot more time than one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment