Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another fun family day, but this time in Lassen National Park!

July 12, 2014
This morning we headed up to Lassen National Park to go on a hike!  Here was the view of Mt. Lassen from the parking lot!
Mom brought a hiking snack to help us along while we hiked.  I was excited about my granola bar.  
I was super excited because mom made me some trail mix that had M&M's in it!  
I got in my sweet ride and we are ready to head out on the trail!
We stopped by the sign that told us about the trial we were going to go on.  I ran to it and stood in front of it for my picture.  Today, we are headed to Paradise Meadow.  It is a hike that we have never done before and I should be able to handle it!
I was excited to go over the log foot bridge!
I met up with Daddy and Makayla on the log bridge!
There was a creek that was cascading down as we hiked by.  We took a spur to go and check it out!
Daddy went down to get some water to put on his head to cool him down.  I thought it was so fun that I wanted to to get some water on my hair.  It was actually a nice day up in Lassen with the temperature around 80 degrees.  
Here is a picture of the cascading water!  It was sure a pretty hike!
We hiked a little bit further and found this waterfall along the trail!
After hiking upward on the trail for awhile, we made it to the meadow.  Daddy and Makayla went to see if there were any fish in the creek that Daddy could try to fish for.   
This is paradise meadow!
I went out to stand in the grass in the meadow.  
At the meadow we stopped to have a little lunch.  We found a nice log to sit on and mom gave us some cooked carrots to eat!
I wanted to love on my sister while she tried to eat her carrots.  
A sweet picture of the two of us eating our lunch on the log.  
We had some salami and cheese to go with our carrots!
After lunch, I went back out into the meadow to play for a little bit. 
We had fun climbing and playing on the fallen logs!
I got myself up on the log and pretend to ride the log!
I found Daddy and he caught me and picked me up!
The logs were sure fun to play on!
I had a fun hike and got a little dirty in the process!
After our hike, we drove to King's Creek, so that, Daddy could do a little fishing before we headed home.  
Mommy gave me my trail mix to entertain me while we waited for Daddy.  We also got out of the car and went down and found him and played in the dirt some more and watched him catch a couple of fish.  We sure had a fun family day up in Lassen!

No comments:

Post a Comment