July 5, 2014
The first Saturday of the month in the summer there is a kids fishing day at the Mt. Shasta fish hatchery. Daddy and I went last month with Allie and her Dad and brothers. We had so much fun that we talked Mommy and Makayla into joining us this month!
Daddy helped me cast my worm out far into the pond, so, we could find a big fish to hook on my line.
I wasn't too sure about what was going on, so, I watched with great intensity.
I found some fishing poles and thought that I should get to fish too!
See out there. I could catch a fish! Mom and Dad told me next year I could try my hand at fishing!
I hooked a big one and Daddy helped me to reel it in!
We got him in and into the net! It was a nice sized rainbow fish! We had to get the hook out of its mouth!
Here is the first fish I caught! The guy helping us was quite impressed I was able to bring him in with my little princess rod!
This fish was about half of my size! It will make a good fishing story!
We put him on the stringer to carry him home on while I caught my other fish!
Makayla and I hung out while daddy got the fish strung and got my rod all set up for the next fish!
We tossed my line out a couple of times and reeled it back in trying to get a bite! After a couple of times, we got a bite and we reeled in my second fish!
My second fish was quite a bit smaller. We ran into the Femester's while we were up there. Connor came over to help Daddy get the fish off the hook!
Here are I am with my two fish. A big one and a little one!
We wanted to see the fish all strung up, so, Daddy lifted them up for us to see!
Makayla was pretty excited by the fish that I caught!
I decided to be brave and to touch the fish, but when it flopped around before I touched it I wasn't so sure about touching them.
We tried to see if we could get Makayla to touch the fish, but she wanted no part in that!
I decided that I would be brave and show Makayla that it was okay to touch the fish and it wasn't scary. I sure had fun fishing today and can't wait until the next fishing day. We took these fish and put them on ice in the cooler, so that, we would be able to eat them!
Since we were up in Mt. Shasta, we went for a hike to see a waterfall. I got to go for a ride in my backpack!
Here we are about to enter the Mt. Shasta Wilderness!
I found a little log to sit on to have a water break as we climbed up to the waterfall over view!
We stopped to get a picture in front of the mountain and some nice people were coming down and offered to take a picture of all of us in front of Mt. Shasta!
It was such a beautiful day up there and we got some nice views of Mt. Shasta!
Here is the waterfall that we hiked to or at least hiked to the vista point. It was still quite a ways away, but it was fun to see and get out and hike!
I had fun viewing the water fall with Daddy!
I was happy to get out of the backpack for a little bit while we stopped to enjoy the view! A little snuggle with Daddy before I got down and walked around.
I found a nice rock to sit on that I could enjoy the view from. Look "dog dog" at the waterfall. I wanted to share the view with my pacifier.
It was nice to be able to get out of my backpack. I love to sit on rocks! They make great chairs!
Kenzie came to sit by me and we sure had fun together!
A sweet picture of us two sisters. We really do love each other!
Back into the backpack for the trip back to the car! Lets go Daddy!
I had a great time hiking back to the car! We sang hiking songs as we went. My favorite was the ants go marching, but I also maybe up some fun ones of my own.
There was a National Forest Wilderness sign and I wanted to take a picture by it!
I gave some mom some silly faces as I posed!
We had a fun time fishing and hiking today! It was so nice to head up to Mt. Shasta today where it was cooler! We love to get outdoors!
No comments:
Post a Comment