Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My cousin's came to visit!!!!!!

April 18, 2014
Today, my cousin's drove down from Seattle to visit us.  Mommy was surprised one day when Uncle Scott called and said they wanted to visit.  We were so excited to have them come.  We did pie iron pizza for dinner in the fire pit the first night they got here.  Tyler loved to cook his own dinner.  I think he cooked almost every body's dinner!  
Sydney had fun playing on our swing set.  She sure could swing high!
Here we are we are enjoying our s'mores we roasted.  They were sure yummy!
Wyatt was excited to get to help roast his s'more.  
Even better than roasting it was eating it!
I was pretty happy with my usual graham cracker.  Of course I wouldn't be if I was able to try a s'more.  
 We got all ready for bed and Mommy read us all a couple of stories before bed! 

April 19, 2014
 The next day, we wanted to take them to one of our favorite places around Redding.  We headed to Whiskeytown lake to play around.  It was a little cold at first but it warmed up as the morning went on and we had a great time.  
 We took the kayak out and the kids had fun with the paddles while we got it all set up.  
 Mommy forgot to bring my deer chair out, but I was okay with using McKenzie's dog chair.  If only I had some water to put in this cup holder.  
 Sydney was all ready to head out in the kayak.   
 We had fun playing around in the kayak on the shore.  Imagine how much fun we will have in the water.   
 The boys got to go out first.  Tyler is all ready to paddle them around.   
 Sydney and I had fun playing in the water while we waited for our turn in the kayak.   
 I love to put my goggles on so that I can go all the way under.  
 This is what I consider going all the way under.  Putting my face in the water.  This summer we are going to work on what all the way under means.  
 I didn't get to play in the water because it was still pretty cold, but I was lucky to get to hang out with Aunt Sarah.  
 The boys came back and I got go out in the boat next.  I need my goggles on just in case I fall out of the boat.  
 I found the sand and a shovel.  I was pretty happy little one.  
 We are just waiting for my Dad to get in the kayak, so, we can head out for our ride.   
 Tyler and Wyatt had fun playing in the water while the girls were out in the kayak.    
 Mommy had fun building in the sand with Tyler and Wyatt.  
 I decided to try a little sand.  I don't recommend it.  
 Sydney came to join me and build a sand castle!  We had fun playing in the sand together.   
 McKenzie wanted to dig a hole and fill it up with water.  We would fill it up and then break the dam and watch the water flow to the lake.  I am sitting guard while the hole gets filled up.
 When we got home after naps and dinner, it was time to dye some Easter eggs.  I had a lot of random white t-shirts, so, we put them on and went right to work.  
 Wyatt got his t-shirt on and is ready to decorate some eggs.  
 We had fun decorating those Easter eggs.  Wyatt jumped right in and his hands were dyed as well as the eggs. 
 
 Tyler and I did some coloring on ours before we put them in the dye! 
 I even got to dye some Easter eggs.  Wyatt was good at showing me how it is done.   
 Now what color should I do next? 
 I was all done decorating my eggs, so, I thought I would rest up for a minute in my Bumbo.   
 We were able to decorate a couple of dozen eggs pretty quickly.  Just a couple left in and then we will be done.  
 Here I am with my egg that says "McKenzie" and a carton of the eggs we dyed.  Didn't they turn out pretty.  I can't wait to turn them into deviled eggs.   
 After decorating eggs, a cousin bath was much needed.  We ended up coloring the water with the dye that was on our hands.  We had fun in the tub.  
 Tyler is all smile in the bath! 
 Wyatt and I had a great time in our side of the bath! 
 Tonight it was Uncle Scott's turn to read us a bedtime story.  Makayla even got in on the story this time.  We sure had a fun day with our cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment