Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge!

April 30, 2014
We got in some sticker time in before we headed out on today's adventure.  
Today, we decided to take a break from the beach and go explore the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.  We started out at the visitor center where we got to put a new stamp in our national parks books, which is always a hit with us.  Then we got in the car to drive through the Refuge.  We would get out and explore some on the way.  
Here I am in front of some mangrove trees.  It is always fun to see new plant life!
We headed out onto a pier to get a view of the bay in the Refuge.  
The pier took us through a mangrove trees.  There were tons of spider crabs all over the trees.  We had fun looking for them and spotting them.  
Makayla wanted to get down and walk around on the pier and check it out.
I am a big girl and I am going to walk all by myself back to the car!
I guess I will stop for a second for a picture.  We also took a little hike down a trail that was supposed to have alligators in it, but we didn't see any.  I guess we will have to keep looking.  It was fun to explore the wildlife refuge.  
 After nap time, we got back to playing with stickers.  I was excited to show mom all the fun stickers in the big sticker book!
 I played in the parachute again with Grandpa.  It was perfect for playing peek-a-boo.  
 After dinner, we headed down to the beach to see the sunset and get some pictures with everybody.   
Unfortunately, Makayla was not in a very picture taking mood.  The poor thing is getting her 18 month molars.  This is the best one we got with Grandma and Grandpa and us girls
We kept trying, but it really wasn't her day.  
I went to hang out with Uncle Josh and doggy!
I had fun running around and getting all my silly out. 
Here is some of that silly!
A picture with us girls and Daddy and Uncle Josh with my silly face!
One with my smiling face!
Uncle Josh got us both!
 We sat down with Grandma to read our bedtime stories and for Makayla to brush her teeth.  Then it is off to bed to rest up for another fun day in Florida.  

No comments:

Post a Comment