Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bowman Beach and Ribs!

 May 1, 2014
 Today, we headed back to the beach, but we thought we would try out a different beach.  Bowman beach was rated as a beach not to miss on Sanibel Island, so, we packed the car and drove a little bit down the road to it.  We talked Aunt Kate in to coming with us, since, Uncle Josh was staying home to wait for a package. 
 What is in this beach bag?  Did you pack anything good mom?
 I talked Dad into helping me dig a hole that we could fill with water.  Here is the start of our hole.  
 We needed to get some water in our bucket in order to fill the hole and see if the water would stay in it.  
 The filled bucket was perfect to use to fill my water squirter.  Watch out I am going to get you!
 Here I go filling it up again.  
 Look at that shoot water!
 I was pretty excited to shoot water and had fun with the water squirter.  
 Dad took me out into the ocean to play in the water.  I held on tight to him.  
 Aunt Kate came out to swim in the ocean with us.   
 This time I was going to walk out, so that, I could jump the waves!
 I found the bucket with the water in it!
 I wonder if there are any treasures in this bucket!
 I found something.  I wonder what it is?
 It is a shell!  What a fun treasure to find.  
 I wonder what other treasures are in this bucket?
 I am not to sure about this shell if it is good enough to be in my bucket or not?
 The water did a great job of clean the sand off of the shells.   
 A picture of us girls handing out on the beach! 
 Aunt Kate was sweet and took a family picture of us at the beach! 
 After the morning at the beach, we decided to head and get some frozen yogurt as a special treat!  We sure enjoyed our peanut butter frozen yogurt! 
 Then it was time to take a bath and get all the sand and ocean water off of us before we took a nap.  
 We had fun playing in the bath that Grandma gave us.  
 While dinner was cooking, Grandpa was giving me some dancing lessons! 
We had BBQ ribs for dinner.  Here we are sitting down and enjoying our yummy dinner.  
 I sure enjoyed my ribs.  I ate them right off of the bone.  
 I ate my corn right off the cob! 
 My belly is full and I am hanging out while everybody finishes.   
It was sure a fun day is Sanibel with good food, nice beaches, and fun dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment