April 27, 2014
Today, is our first day in Sanibel, Fl, which is an island off of the southern tip of Florida on the gulf side by Fort Meyers. We headed out here to have a family reunion with Daddy's family. I got to meet Uncle Josh and Aunt Kate and it was fun way to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa turning 60 this year! When at the beach, where it is warm, of course the first thing you do is go play in the sand and ocean!
I sure do love to play in the sand. They had a bunch of sand toys at the house we stayed in and I loved using them!
Sanibel is known for sea shell collecting. There are thousands of sea shells that wash up on the beach that you can comb through to find some really pretty ones. Grandma and I are off to find some sea shells. I am excited for our adventure.
Look at all the sea shells I have found and collected in my net!
Aunt Aubrey and I had fun collecting sea shells together. I would help her look and she would help me look!
I even got into collecting some shells. I found one where I was playing in the sand and decided it was a keeper! Lucky thing Grandma got me this bag to keep it in!
Yep! That should work just fine for my shells!
I wonder if I can find some more shells for my bag!
Mommy took me out to check out the water and watch McKenzie swim around with Grandma and Aunt Aubrey. The first day we were there the ocean was perfect for swimming in because it was calm without too many waves!
So I had a blast swimming between Grandma and Aunt Aubrey. I got my feet kicking and arms going. I loved being in the warm ocean!
We had fun playing at the ocean that morning, but we started to get hungry. We walked back to the house to have a bite to eat for lunch. It was sure fun playing with Grandma and Aunt Aubrey at the beach!
While we were at the beach, the men and Aunt Kate went out on a fishing trip to catch us dinner. They had a successful outing and caught some sea trout which was cooked up in a yummy dinner!
Aunt Kate caught a shark while out fishing. Here she is with her shark. Don't worry we didn't eat him for dinner he went back into ocean.
After nap, we had fun playing with everybody. Uncle Josh and I bonded over a fun Peter rabbit puppet book they brought me from England. I thought the Peter rabbit puppet was pretty fun and Uncle Josh too!
Aunt Kate and Uncle Josh brought me a book with kids poems that was one of Aunt Kate favorite books as a kid. Grandpa and I had fun reading it together!
I found daddy's hat and had fun trying it on and wearing it around.



No comments:
Post a Comment