Saturday, January 7, 2017

Christmas tree hunting

December 10, 2016
We have headed out into the woods to go Christmas tree hunting.
We got all bundled up in our snow gear to keep us dry and warm.  We got some snow in the snow storm last Wednesday, but today the sun is shining.
All right!  Help me down from the bed of the truck so I can go and run in that snow.
I went straight to playing in the snow as soon as I was all bundled up.
I got daddy to give me a piggy back ride through the snow! Then Mommy and then Daddy.  The life of the youngest is always rough.
I am going on a tree hunt and I am not afraid!
I didn't get so lucky and I had to trudge through the snow while looking for a Christmas tree.
Time to make some snow angles.
I had fun rolling down the snowy hill.
Hanging out and relaxing for a minute while mom and dad looked around to see if any of the trees will work in this area.
It is sure fun to be out in the snow looking for a tree.
Mom and Dad think they have found a tree.  It is a little big, but they can cut some of it off to make it work.
We got to stand by the tree to mark it while Dad went and got the truck, axe, and saw.
Here is our 2016 Christmas tree still in the ground
Dad is ready to take off some branches so he can saw it down.  
I headed over to get some pictures with Dad and the tree before we had to head out of the timber zone.
We got Makayla to join us for the Christmas tree picture.
I am off to find a good place to sit and watch Daddy fall the tree.
I found a snowy log to sit on and watch.
I decided to lay down and be silly as I made it over to the timber free zone.
Here are my silly cute faces!


I made it over to the safe zone and sat down on the log bench with McKenzie to watch.
Mom was hoping to get a family picture of us out tree hunting for our Christmas cards this year, but we couldn't find a good place to set up the camera to take one.  Instead she decided to focus on us and getting a good one of us for the Christmas card.  One of these ended up making it onto the Christmas card.  I don't remember which one.  
Maybe it was this one, but I don't think so.
I had such a great laugh it caused me to lay down.
While Makayla was laying down and laughing mom got a sweet picture of me.
I got a nice fat lip and cut on my lip a couple of hours before we headed out.  McKenzie and I were downstairs in the living room playing while mom and Dad were getting ready and finding all our snow gear.  I let out a very loud screech and started crying.  Mom came running down the stairs to find me standing on the wood floor with blood dripping from my mouth.  We got the blood stopped and put an ice pack on my lip then mom took a look.  I tripped and fell into the elephant end table.  I hit it just hard enough and at the right angle that I ended up putting my top front tooth straight through my bottom lip.  I even chipped the top tooth in the process.  The lip has healed well and the tooth seems fine minus a chip.  So this will be the year that I have a fat lip in the Christmas cards.
We wanted to head over to the truck to warm up while we waited for Dad to finish chopping down the tree.
Mom put us on the back of the truck to start getting some of our snow gear off, so, we could sit in the truck.

I brought a journal to write in about getting a Christmas tree, so, I wanted to work on that while we waited.
I found all the cups and stuff for the hot chocolate.  So helpful!
We got Daddy a Ghellie Kettle for his birthday since he has been asking for it for quite a few years.  Today was a perfect day for him to try out his new toy as we liked to call it.
We got back out of the truck, so, we could have some hot chocolate.
Daddy has the fire going and heating the water to a boil, so, we can make some hot chocolate.  The Ghellie Kettle seems to be working well and Dad is having fun trying it out!
The Ghellie Kettle was successful!  It quickly boiled the water and we had hot chocolate.
This is the part of Christmas tree hunting we were waiting for!
I love a good cup of hot chocolate.  It warms you up from your head to your toes!
It was a fun day out in the wood hunting for our Christmas tree!  We sure do love going out and getting a tree.  What a fun time we get to spend together as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment