December 29, 2016
For Christmas Grammy and Granpy got me some real snowshoes. Since there is a lot more opportunity to snowshoe here in Redmond it is the perfect gift to get me outside and getting some energy out even in the cold weather. With my snowshoes I got to go on a snow shoeing outing with just Grammy and Granpy and me. I love to get quality time with people I love. Grammy and I made some snowman soup (the snowman is marshmallows with a candy cane melted into the soup which is hot chocolate) before we left the house to keep me warm while we went out snowshoeing.
There wasn't tons of snow around Redmond right now. We have had some sunny days that have melted off what we got. We found enough at the park to go out into the field and see how my new snowshoes worked.
Granpy said, "I was a natural". I took to snowshoeing like I had been walking for years! I even did some running through the field in my snowshoes.
Granpy and I walked all around the park. I stayed in the snow while Granpy was on the path. Next time we go out we will have to go where there is enough snow for them to wear their snowshoes too. They have the same snowshoes as me, but in adult sizes.
Snowshoeing sure is fun.
I somehow fell down. Oops
Granpy helped me use the claws of my snowshoes to climb up this mound of snow.
I am queen on the mountain!
I had fun throwing snowballs at Granpy!
We sure had fun out in the snow, even though it wasn't very much.
Grammy kept busy taking pictures of my first time snow shoeing. Here is a really good on of me with my snowshoes.
You better watch out because I have a snowball in my hand.
Granpy helped me to take my snowshoes off so that we could head home, but instead of my snowshoe coming off my whole boot did. Thanks Grammy and Granpy for the snowshoes and for taking me out! I love them!
While McKenzie was out snowshoeing, Mom and I went to the library. Last night the library called to say, "that I won a raffle and I could come and pick out a book or a prize from under the Christmas tree! I was pretty excited to win a raffle. I ended up picking a big stuffed polar bear.













No comments:
Post a Comment