Thursday, January 8, 2015

HFC 2015

December 19, 2014
 Today, we are headed up to Port Townsend, Wa for the Herzog Family Christmas (HFC).  Every year Granpy's family gets together in Port Townsend (which is on the top of the Olympic Peninsula) for the weekend to all celebrate Christmas together!  I wanted to be all rested up for when we got there, so, I had a little nap in the car!  Such a sweet little sleeper with my DVD head phones on and car cup in hand!
 That night we headed out to dinner.  Friday night dinner is a tradition for a lot of the people, but this was actually one of the first times that mom has been there early enough on a Friday night.  In high school there was always basketball games on Friday night, so, they would get in late after the game!  Great Uncle Joe and I had a great time coloring together! 
I had a yummy dinner!  I ended up eating Granpy's food.  I guess it looked better than what mom ordered me!  After dinner, I went and hung out with Grammy for a little bit.  
 We headed down to the young and fun end of the table.  Caitlin and Lisa had a great time drawing with us.  
 Caitlin and Lisa have transformed into unicorns!
 The older girls made it look like so much fun as unicorn that I copied them!

 December 20, 2014
 That morning, I got up and found Granpy to hang out with!  We had a good time together!
 I was excited to find my cousin Sydney and play with her!  Look at how high she lifted me! 
 We had fun dancing around in a circle!
 Us girls had a great time playing together!
 Where's McKenzie?   
 After we got back from exploring it time to decorate the tree!   
 I had a great time putting the ornaments on the tree where ever I could reach!
 Caitlin and Hannah took their jobs as supervisors very seriously.  I guess those college girls need some relaxing time after finals!
 Look at how tall I got that one.  Our tree was heavily decorated on the bottom.  Wyatt got in on the decorating with us! 
 Even Makayla put some ornaments on!
 Every year Great Uncle Jim and Aunt Nova get the Christmas tree and bring the ornaments and lights to decorate it with.  We were sure excited about the Christmas tree this year.  Here is Great Uncle Jim getting the ornaments ready for us to put them on!
 We have pretty much finished the tree and mom wanted to get a picture of us in front of the tree in our similar shirts!  
 Now the Herzog's are known for being notoriously bad spellers, so, we found it quite hilarious when they came up with a game that involved spelling.  It was sure entertaining to watch!
 When I woke up from my nap, I was in a very snuggly mood and mom was busy helping make dinner.  Mom's cousin Beth and I had a great time hanging out together and snuggling! 
 Then I went to snuggle in with Uncle Scott!  Thanks Uncle Scott for comforting me!
 Every year for dinner in honor of Grandad, we all put on a red bow tie like the one that he would wear every year as a remembrance of him.  Wyatt is not a huge fan of clothes, so, he thought that the bow tie would be a nice formal look for dinner!
Wyatt was being silly and having mom take a picture of his back with the bow tie on, so, when mom put my bow tie on my head I turned right around and said back.  I thought she would want a picture of my back just like my cousin Wyatt's.  
My bow tie was the perfect accessory for my outfit.  It matched perfectly and was super cute!
I put my own bow tie on!  How does it look?
We have a big family dinner on Saturday night!  It is sure a fun weekend to catch up and celebrate with family!  Here is most of the group in the picture.  There were about 30 people here this weekend and we all had a great time!
Sydney is my only girl cousin and Makayla and I are her only girl cousins, so, we had a great time together!  Tonight we ate dinner together in our matching outfits!
This beautiful little girl is baby Ryan!  She is about 15 months old and that is her mom Gretchen, who is mom's cousin!
Every year they do a five dollar gift exchange game.  I helped daddy with the exchange!
After dinner all the kids gather together in the living room to open gifts.  I got the most fun wrapped gift!  How do I open this and what is it?
It was the biggest horse purse that you have ever seen!!!!  I got a lot of nice presents and so did McKenzie!  We are such lucky girls.  We had a great time at the Herzog Family Christmas!  It was so nice to see everybody again!

No comments:

Post a Comment