Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kickball

October 7-28, 2013
October is a beautiful time in Redding to get out and play outside sports, so I got signed up for Grasshopper kickball.  That's right kickball.  Every little girl and boy should learn how to play kickball.  Mommy and Daddy thought it would be a fun activity for me to do.  I was sure excited about it when I heard what I was going to be doing.  We got there a little early the first day and the coach was a little late, which meant lots of fun running the bases!  It really helps to run with your tongue out!
Collin was also doing kickball, which makes me super happy because I love to hang out with him.  In fact, I ended up being the only girl with 10 or 12 boys playing kickball.  It sure didn't phase me that I was the only girl.  I was just there to have fun. 
We practiced kicking the ball back and forth to each other and stomping on it to stop it.  I was pretty good at stopping the ball with my foot, but it sure did confuse me when it was my turn to kick the ball when actually playing. 
We did some warm ups.  Here we are stretching as high as we could on our tip toes!
And stretching down to touch our toes.  I didn't quite get that I was supposed to keep my legs straight when touching my toes.  
Look I can also touch my toes.  I am I old enough to go play kickball!
I had fun watching and crawling around in the grass while McKenzie was out playing.  I even did a good job of cheering for her when it was her turn.
McKenzie was done wearing her headband, so I go to try it on.  I was not a big fan of it. 
After we were done warming up, we learned how to play kickball. We all got a turn kicking the ball and running the bases.  Here I am at my first at bat!
On first base.  Waiting to run to second with such anticipation. 
The third base coach was teaching us how to lead off for home!
 After I made it home, it was my turn to pitch the ball and get the person out.  Here I am pitching!
 Today when we showed up, one of the other parents had started a make shift game while we waited for it to start.  They were nice enough to let us all join in.  We got some good practice kicking the ball and running the bases!
 Stomping on third base when I made it there! 
Mommy was encouraging me on how to kick the ball when it was coming at me!  I am preparing to kick it!
 Going to kick the ball! 

 I was excited to get my name tag and start kickball officially today! 
 This is the last day of kickball.  Grammy and Granpy got to come and watch me at kickball, which was fun.  Grammy took some good pictures and videos of me while I played.  Here I am running home. 
 We had to sit and wait for our turn while the other kids took theirs.  I waited and played with the grass while I waited! 
 We got to roll the ball to the kicker and then get the ball and take it to first base.  It is my turn to roll the ball and try to get somebody out. 
Here I am kicking the ball and running to daddy at 1st base. 
 Daddy got to be the first base coach today.  I had fun holding his hand while he told me what to do next.  I am off to 2nd base.  
Here I am running like a girl from 2nd to 3rd base.  I got distracted and tried to tell Collin's dad something, who was the third base coach.  I sure had a blast playing kickball!
 
 At the end, they did the hokey pokey, which McKenzie had a blast doing.  Today, mom did the hokey pokey with me and I thought it was fun!  I unfortunately wasn't feeling to well because I got my one year shots today!



No comments:

Post a Comment