Monday, November 18, 2013

Carving pumpkins and other fun times!,

October 28, 2013
Granpy and I had a great time reading a book together this morning.  I got all ready to go to my one year doctors appointment and Granpy read to me while mom got ready.  I wanted a little quality time with Granpy, since, McKenzie got to stay home with them while I went to the doctor's.  
 After kickball, we all went to have some Chinese food at the airport.  I really wanted to use chopsticks like everybody else.  Now how to I get these things to work.  
 I got it!  I have my mouth open wide to get the chicken in!  
 I didn't get any Chinese food, but mom brought some food along for me and I was happy about that! 
 Success!  It took quite a few times to get the food in my mouth with the chopsticks.  I was quite proud of myself using them.  

September 29, 2013
 Today, we headed to the sun dial bridge for a little walk and bike ride.  Here I am beating Granpy while I rode on the line! 
 I had a blast riding my bike over the bridge!

 I was excited to go for a walk and watch McKenzie ride her bike! 
 I had fun on my ride and now we are headed back over the bridge to the car! 
 Grammy and I had fun doing some crafts together.  We made a Halloween picture frame!  I love to do crafts with Grammy.
 After the picture frame, I decorated a treasure box!
We made pumpkin bars earlier in the day with real pumpkin.  Then Grammy and I made some cream cheese frosting for the pumpkin bars.  That is sure yummy frosting!
While McKenzie and Grammy were busy in the kitchen, Granpy and I were pacing the halls.  Get out the way Scout I am coming through.  I am glad Granpy was following me, because, he would help me get turned around!
 We are waiting so patiently for our pumpkin bars! 
 I got have a pumpkin bar before I went to bed.  They were sure yummy!
 I got to have a graham cracker before bed!  I didn't complain to much that I got a graham cracker and not a pumpkin bar.  
  A little bit more playing with Granpy and then off to bed.  Don't worry I brushed my teeth first!

 October 30, 2013
 This morning we headed out to Whiskeytown National Recreation area, so that, we all could get stamps in our National Park passport books.  Grammy had been getting lost of stamps in her book, while she and Grampy drove all around the United States.  We thought she should get one while she was here!  Here we are at Whiskeytown Lake! 
 Since tomorrow is Halloween tonight is the perfect time to carve my pumpkin.  Daddy got it started by cutting the lid out!
 I was still eating dinner while the festivities started! 
 Cleaning out all the slimy stuff.  I wasn't too sure about it at first.   
 Then I got the hang of it and stuck my whole hand in.   
 
 I thought it was pretty fun to try to get the inside of the pumpkin clean.  
 After a little bit, Granpy took over and finished off the inside.  He got it nice and clean.   
 Mommy and I had a great time picking out all the seeds, so that we could roast them!
 I got to decorate my pumpkin.  I was pretty excited that I got to participate! 
 Okay Daddy, how do we get those off the paper and onto the pumpkin. 
 I helped daddy get them in the right place.  I told him where they should be placed.  
 Then I got to stick them down so they would stay on! 
 Just wanted to make sure that my pumpkin's face was staying on.  I really liked his hair. 
 I was really proud of the pumpkin I made.  I kept smiling and showing him off!
 This is how excited about the pumpkin I was!
 Making sure Granpy doesn't steel my pumpkin and claim it for himself, since it is so cute!
 McKenzie and Daddy had a great time carving out the face.  I loved to get the shapes out of the pumpkin.  
 I got the pumpkin's nose!
 Now it is my nose.  I wonder what it smells like?  I am really big into smelling right now! 
 Here is my completed pumpkin all lit up!  I thought it was fun to light him up with the candle.   
 Two proud girls by their wonderfully carved pumpkins.  



No comments:

Post a Comment