June 20, 2017
I dressed Grammy up as a pirate this morning by using tissue paper as a hat.
Granpy put the ladder together as we filled up the rest of the pool.
The ladder was one of the last steps, so now we are one step closer to swimming in our own pool.
The ladder is in, but I think the pool is too cold to swim in now.
We are very excited to try it out, but we are going to go on an adventure this morning and let it warm up some before we get in.
We headed up to Tumalo falls. There were tons of painted lady butterflies up there.
This is the third time we have tried to see Tumalo falls. We were excited that this time actually worked out!
The falls are pretty much right there at the parking lot, but sure are spectacular to see.
Tumalo Falls.
There really were butterflies everywhere and we sure enjoyed watching them!
Mom wanted to get a picture of just us at the falls.
Grammy had mom get in a photo. She really does come with us on all these adventures!
One without her sunglasses.
After we saw the falls and before we went hiking we needed to get in a picnic lunch! We found some rocks and logs to sit on and enjoy our lunch.
Grammy and Granpy enjoying their picnic lunch!
A log to sit on and one for my feet! What a great lunch spot.
I sure do love a picnic!
I love cherries as you can see by my cherry smile! It sure has been a good cherry season this year!
I am all done with my lunch and ready to explore.
Grammy and I walked over to the little creek to check it out.
I thought that I would use this log to try to cross over the creek.
We started up the trail to do a little hiking and see the top of the falls. There were some wildflowers out along our walk.
The top of the falls viewing platform.
Tumalo falls from the top.
There was no way to get a picture of the falls from the viewing platform without this snag in the picture.
It is always fun to look off the platform.
Grammy watched me close being way up there!
I took a little break on this rock while I waited for my trail mix and some water.
I still needed to finish my sandwich.
This looks like the perfect set up to do just that.
This rock make the perfect chair.
The mighty Deschutes river above the falls.
We kept hiking along the trail along the Deschutes river and into the woods.
Granpy kept me going!
Another painted lady!
I wanted to feel how cold the water was!
We made it back down to the parking lot!
Being all done put a smile on my face!
Taking a little break before we head for the car.
I had fun hiking and seeing the falls today.
We had to get some photos of Grammy and Granpy with us on the rock wall.
We were sure glad we were able to access Tumalo Falls today!
When we got home we wanted to try out the pool. We didn't care how cold it was from just being filled. Crazy kids!
We lasted a lot longer then you would have thought we would have with the water as cold as it was. We would get out and warm up and then want to go back in it again. It sure will be fun to have our own pool!









No comments:
Post a Comment