Thursday, August 24, 2017

Swimming lessons week 2

June 26, 2017
Today is the start of our second week of swimming lessons!
We are excited to get started and work on our swimming.
When we got into the pool we would start out by doing a bunch of bobs!
Then we would do some swimming.
Working on my back float.
Sidestroke!
The front float with arrow and getting my face in the water.  Here I am preparing to put my face in.
It's in the water!!!!
It's out.  I think this face shows how much I love to put my face in the water.
Trying to recover from my face being in the water. 
Here I am taking a breath during the crawl stroke.
Left arm!
Right arm!
Crawl, crawl, crawl!  Keep on swimming to the end!
Swimming back.
Taking a breath!
Getting right back to it!
I made it to the side!
I was all smiles at the edge of the pool while I waited for my next turn.
Working on my kicking.  I sure can get my leg up there.
We worked on our diving.  Here is my sitting dive.
Pushing off!
Splash into the pool!
My kneeling dive!


It's a 10!!!
We did some water safety today and put on some puddle jumpers and then went out to the middle!
I am supposed to jump in.  I am not so sure about it.

June 27, 2017
Here I am starting today's swim lesson with a bob.
Those silly goggle just wouldn't stay on my eyes.
We worked on our life saving skills today.
I am pulling my swim teacher in to safety.
My swimming class also worked on swimming safety today and life saving skills.  I am going to pull my teacher into safety.
We also worked on throwing out a flotation device to some one who needs help.  I am ready to huck it!
I sent that noodle as far as I possible could.  I hope it was far enough!

June 28, 2017
A silly goggle picture!
Here is a video of one of my dives!
We even worked on standing dives, which I thought were the hardest!
Here I go!
I call this a standing jump dive.
I might need to practice my standing dive a little more.  
This standing dive was a lot better!  Good thing I was happy to give it another chance.

Such pride on my face.
Mom talked to me about what it meant to put my face in the water and that I should take a breath, put my face in, count to 10, and then come up.  It seemed to help me leave my face in the water for a little longer!
Here is a video of me swimming my heart out!

June 29, 2017
Wink, Wink!
My silly goggle picture.



June 30, 2017
We had a picnic dinner outside of the swim center this evening. 
Mom picked us up and we didn't have a lot of time to eat, but needed to eat before swim lessons and we were able to fit everything in this evening!
I am enjoying my peanut butter, banana, and honey wrap.
Last day of swim lessons and check out that back float!

This is my game face!
My proud face
Fishy face.  If I look like a fish maybe I will swim like a fish.
My zoned out of swim lesson face.
For the last part of the swim lesson on the last day we got to go out into the wading pool.
We played red light green light in the wading pool.  
Yep!  This is the pool for me!
I got to be the one who called out!
Everybody made it to me!
For our free time we stayed in the big pool and were able to swim around and play!
We were also able to try the diving boards.  Here I am going off this diving board for the first time.
Big breath in, getting low, and here I go!
I got some air before I headed down.
I had so much fun that I wanted to do it again.
Here comes the water.
Here is a video of me jumping off the diving board.  Mom and Dad asked me if I wanted to go off the high dive, but I wasn't up for it.  I guess I got brave a couple of weeks later when I was at adventure quest camp and we went to the pool and I jumped off the high dive twice.  We had a great time at swim lessons these last couple of weeks.  We sure do like to swim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment