June 19, 2017
Today is our first day of our two weeks of swim lessons! We are so excited to get back in the pool and work on our swimming!
I can't wait for swim lessons to start! This is going to be so much fun!
It seems like you are always a little rusty at first when swim lessons start. I guess that is what happens when you don't swim all winter!
I had a great time floating around with my teachers. Now I just need to learn to put my face in the water.
Learning the side stroke.
Here is a video of me doing the side stroke.
A silly picture back at the wall.
There is a big smile!
Here is a video of McKenzie jumping off the side into the pool.
June 20, 2017
Day #2 and still smiling!
I seem ecstatic about going back to swim lessons.
Loving hanging out at the wall while I wait!
A good job high 5 from one of my swim teachers!
Back float! The indoor pool does help with making you more relaxed while floating on your back, since the sun is not in your eyes.
Here is a video of me doing the back float.
One of the arrow float. I am supposed to be putting my face in the water, but I am not a fan of that.
Here is a video of lets call it jumping into the water. For some reason I love to jump, but not into the water.
June 22, 2017
Having a great time swimming like a fish!
Doing some bobs!
Working on my side breathing for the crawl stroke.
Today we got to use kickboards.
Showing off my new paw patrol goggles.
Being silly at the wall while I wait my turn.
They are teaching me the side stroke.
I sure do love swimming in the water.
Today we got to use pool noodles to float out to the deeper end.
Here is a video of me doing the back float. The hardest part about the back float is swimming in a straight line.
June 23, 2017
The last swim lesson for the week. I am slowly lowering myself into the water.
Here is my bob to get me wet and to get me going.
All smiles even on day 5!
Happy as can be hanging out.
Floating along in the water. Not a care in the world.
Except for having to put my face in the water.
I got my goggles on this time and am ready to put my face in. I would take a big breath and hold it and then dip my face in and take it right out.
Happy as can be face out of the water.
Willing to put my face it, but not as happy about it!
My class got out of the water to learn while they instructed on diving.
Here I am diving from a kneeling position.
Here I am diving from a standing position.
Ah the back float, the stroke that you don't have to put your face in!
In this video you can see how much happier the back float makes me!
I am getting a little better at jumping in.
That ends this week of swim lessons. I am still excited though, because we still have one more week to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment