Monday, August 7, 2017

Crook county round-up

June 25, 2017
Today for Mom and Dad's 12th anniversary we headed to the Crook County Round-up (rodeo) in Prinveville.  It was a hot one out today for the rodeo.
We got out our hot weather cowgirl attire out to beet the 100 degree temperature.  
We are ready for the this Round-up to get started.  Let see some bucking broncos
The cutest cowgirls around. 
I love wearing my cowgirl hat.  I think it makes me a rodeo Queen.  I skip right over being a rodeo princess and move right to a rodeo Queen.
Not only a rodeo Queen, but rodeo diva!
I am okay with being a rodeo princess!
We brought our stick horse noodle for the stick horse race. 
I am ready to go, but there are still some cowboys who need to compete first.
I sure do like to watch the horses buck of those cowboys.
The rodeo clown came out and he sure is one of our favorite parts of the rodeo.  
The rodeo clown did a pretty entertaining fire fighter routine. 
Mom braided my hair to get it out of my face for the stick horse race. 
I headed over to the support beams to lean on them and take in all that was going on.  
It was time for the stick horse race.  We headed down.  I was up first for my age group.  I headed out into the arena looking a little confused on what I should be doing.  
They got us all lined up and ready to go.  I actually did pretty well.  I didn't win by a long shot, but I got out there and did and ran the whole way!  
After Makayla went, it was my age groups turn.  I was in it to win it.  I put on my tennis shoes so that I would be able to run faster than I would be able to with my boots on. 
I didn't win either, but I was right there in it!
When I finished I got a bandanna from one of the rodeo Queens.
I was excited to get a bandanna too!
I sure had fun racing the pool noodle stick horse. 
 The pool noodle horse was sure a hit.  Lots of people asked us about it and one person even took a picture of it so she could make one of her own.
After the stick horse race we headed back to our seats.
I didn't know what to think about getting my cowgirl boots all dirty.
I turned my bandanna into a scarf.
We heard that for all who participated in the race there were otter pops, so we went in search to find them.
I chose purple and it sure is yummy and perfect for a hot day.
I wanted a pink one and went right to eating it.
We wanted to stand up and walk around a little bit.
The rodeo sure has been fun so far.
We thought we would stand at the rail and watch the rodeo.
A sweet sister picture of us hanging out!
Sometime mom had to have fun with filters.
I climbed up onto the railing to be able to see the rest of the rodeo.
I thought I would enjoy the rodeo while sitting on the rail.  We had a fun afternoon.  We headed back to Redmond and went to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate mom and dad's anniversary, which has been their tradition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment