July 1, 2017
Today we ran to check out the headwaters of the Metolious River. I ran down the path to check it out. The Metolious river seems like it appears out of nowhere, even though it is hiding underground before it comes to the surface. It was fun to watch me run down the path!
After all that running I needed to stop and take a water break.
There is the headwaters to the Metolious with Mt. Jefferson in the background. This time of year with all the lush green foliage you don't get the full effect of the river just seeming like it starts from nowhere. I guess that just means we will have to come back some time in the fall or early spring!
While we are there, mom had to get some photos of us at headwaters of the Metolious.
I was all smiles for today's adventure.
We are headed back to the car to go explore more of the Metolious river.
I found a bench to sit on and rest while I got into the exploring spirit!
Makayla came to join me on the bench!!!
We stopped at Wizard Falls fish hatchery to check it out. We saw lots of fish, but didn't see any falls.
They had fish feeding stations that for a quarter you could get a bunch of fish food. Lucky thing we always have quarters in our car!
It was fun to throw some food into the tank and watch the fish attack the food. Those were some hungry fish.
I thought I would see if the fish in the next tank were hungry! They sure were!
Dad and I headed over to the little pond to see if the fish in the pond would want some food.
We had fun walking over the little bridge.
I even threw a little food in the creek for any fish that might be in it.
There was a big pond with some big fish that gobbled up our food!
It was fun to spot those fish and watch them swim around.
This is the part of the Metolious river that runs by the fish hatchery.
Crossing the bridge that takes you over the Metolious to get to the fish hatchery.
There was a pedestrian walk way and and car way accross the bridge.
We kept heading north on the Metolious river to see more of it. We took a little hike along the river up here so Dad could check it out for future fishing opportunities.
We stopped and checked out the Soda Creek campground area and had a little dinner.
Check out the campfire we made while mom and dad made dinner.
Nothing like being at a campground for five minutes and already dirty from head to toe!
You would have thought we rolled around in the dirt.
I may never be clean again. Well the clothes might not be the same, but I will probably wash off.
I had a blast and that is all that matters!
There was a big fallen tree that had grown into a rock that was a great place to climb on while mom and dad cleaned up.
I am quite the climbing adventurer.
Walking the log.
I am all done with my dinner and ready to go explore with McKenzie.
Check out this dirty face.
I headed over to climb on the fallen tree.
We sure had a great time playing together tonight.
Here is the Metolious by Soda Creek campground. We sure had a fun day exploring the Metolious river today. We will have to come back again some day and explore some more.



















No comments:
Post a Comment