Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Redmond 4th of July

July 4, 2017
Last year we started a 4th of July breakfast tradition of flag toast.  We asked to make flag toast for breakfast again this year.
We were short a couple of stripes and stars.  Next year we will have to get a bigger piece of toast to fit it all on.
We headed to downtown Redmond to check out the parade.  A dramatic moment while we waited for the parade to begin.
I am my mother's daughter.  Those motorcycles are so loud how can anyone ride them?
We headed out onto the street to get a better view of the parade.  Mom told us not to go past the "T" so we wouldn't get to close to the parade.  We took it very seriously and stood right at that T in the road.  I had a blast waving at everyone who went by.
Nothing like a small town 4th of July parade.
We were excited to see this Moana float.
I didn't like the loud noise, but I couldn't decided on covering my ears or to keep waving.  Quite a predicament I am in.
It is a hot 4th of July and some people in the parade came by squirting water and it sure felt refreshing being hit by it. 
That afternoon we headed to the fair grounds to check out the family fun they had there.
The first thing we wanted to do was the bouncy houses.  We got in line to try them out!
I am climbing up so I can slide down.
I am up and ready to head down.

That was fun.
My turn!
Wow! It is a lot of work to climb up here.

I am not so sure about this.
After the slide you had to finish the rest of the obstacle course to get out.
This video of me going down the slide shows how quickly I can get offended by anything.
This bouncy house is so fun!
Not only do you get to have a great time bouncing, you get to slide down at the end.
I really need to figure out how to slide without getting my foot stuck.
I had a fantastic time trying out all the bouncy houses.
This time I am going to get it right.
We were really excited to get to go on a pony ride.  This is the first time we rode a horse.
Here a some photos from our pony ride.





Whenever I would come by mom, the guy leading the horses would get in the way of mom's picture.  

The pony rides sure brought smiles to our face.
We were quite hot and were excited to see these misters that would cool us down.
They had a mountain bike obstacle course that I tried out.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
One of our favorite things was this kid wash.  It was perfect for today!  It was fun, silly, and cooled us down!
We got soaked while we went through the kid wash over and over and over again.
The water was sooo cold, but felt so good!
This kid car wash was a fantastic idea.
Tada!  I am official wet.
Dad talked me into taking his hat through the kid wash to get it wet for him.  I hope it helps him cool down.
We headed over to try out the archery area before we headed out.
It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.  I didn't end up hitting the target, but I had fun trying.
We headed home to have a BBQ and some homemade ice cream before we went to watch the fireworks.  It wouldn't be the 4th of July without homemade ice cream.
I went to eating mine right up.  After all you have to eat it quickly before it melts.
4th of July homemade ice cream is the best!
As the sun was going down we headed to the fair grounds to watch the firework show.
We hung out and watched all the crazy people letting off their own fireworks while we waited.
It was a beautiful night out.
We broke out our glow sticks for when it got dark.
We had fun playing with our glow sticks.
We made necklaces, bracelets, and hallos!
I am all lit up!
I can't wait for the fireworks to start.
Dad bought some sparklers for us.  We have never had sparklers before because they weren't allow in California.  I am not to sure about holding fire.
Still not so sure about the sparkler.
Now I am getting more into it.
The sparkler took a lot of my attention.
These sparklers are sure fun.
Hey look at me go!
We had fun playing with our fireworks while we waited for the big show to happen.

Not sure if I ever really got used to holding fire in my hands.
There were people all over letting off their fireworks.  I wasn't a fan of how loud they were.  In fact when the city's show started I told mom that, "I liked these ones way better than the ones that the mean people made."
We sure had a fun 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment