October 7, 2013
Daddy has been on a furlough from work the last week, so we thought we would take advantage of him being home and go out for a family hike. It was a little chilly out in the McCloud area, so I got to wear my dinosaur jacket. I love this little jacket. I roar like a dinosaur when I have it on. Here I am roaring at my sister.
Yep, I have my eyes on you McKenzie. What are you up to?
Two sweet and cute little dinosaurs all ready to go on a hike.
Right away we came to a bridge. I love to run over bridges. Mommy was able to get me to stop half way for a picture!
Now we are all ready to continue on our hike and hopefully see some pretty trees changing colors.
After a little more hiking, we came across another bridge. This one I had to hold Daddy's hand on because it was a long way down and a lot easier to fall through.
I love hiking in my backpack. Daddy and I sure had a fun hike together!
Along the trial, we roared all the way. We are so cute. We even got daddy to roar with us!
I stopped, so that, we could see squaw creek down below. That is where we hiked, squaw creek! It was very pretty along the creek.
Daddy wanted to stop for a little bit and do some fishing, so us girls, hung out by the creek while he fished. I found a perfect log to sit on and rest up for the trip back!
I got to get out of the pack and crawl around for a little bit. There were so many fun things to find!
Since we were sitting there and hanging out, mommy decided to play around with her camera. I wanted a picture taken of me with my foot on the log and my stick in my hand.
I love to take everything in. What is that over there.
I got brave and started to crawl around. I wanted to sit on my sister's log!
Daddy moved down stream, which left the beach open for me to play on. I found a bunch of great rocks.
One of my favorite things to do is throw rocks in the water. I had a blast watching them splash. I figured out that the bigger the rock, the bigger the splash!
We could see Daddy fishing up river from where we were. What a beautiful fall day!
On the way back, I was kept motivated by looking for the bridges. We found the first one. Now we have to find the other one and we will be back!
It was a beautiful fall day. We thought we would see more trees changing colors, but the plants along the creek were changing , so it was still very pretty.
On the way out we got a nice view of Mt. Shasta! It was great to have a fun day to spend out hiking in the woods with our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment