March 26, 2013
Toady, Shiloh, Caleb, Hannah, and Corban came over to dye Easter eggs and have dinner. This was the first year that I got to dye Easter eggs and I had a blast.
I had a lot of fun coloring on the eggs and then putting them into the dye and watching what I colored appear on the egg. It was pretty exciting. I am plotting what I should do next.
I was waiting my turn for the dye that Caleb was using. Our eggs turned out really well. Mom says it is because the dye was a year old, we used two tablets in each bowl, and used vinegar. They really were vibrant eggs.
I am glad I had Hannah and Caleb there to show me how to do it.
After dinner, the eggs had dried and we were able to decorate them with stickers and put them in the egg holders. I thought it was great to be able to put stickers on them. I love to put sticker on everything.
I wonder which one I should decorate next. More eggs ended up getting cracked while we decorated them, then when we dyed them. Oh well, I guess we will have hard boiled eggs for breakfast!
Daddy had a lot of fun showing Caleb and Hannah how the shrinky dinks worked. They were pretty amazed at how the melted down to the shape of the egg. It was a lot of fun dyeing Easter eggs. I can't wait until next year. Mom already picked up the Easter dye!
No comments:
Post a Comment