April 27-29, 2013
Mommy wanted to go camping for her birthday, so Grammy and Granpy brought down their tent trailer and we headed out to the coast! I had to get bundled up when we got there, because it is a lot colder at the coast than at home!
Grammy and I had fun playing in the truck while the tent trailer was being put up!
Makayla made driving the truck look so fun that I wanted a turn to drive the truck!
I was helping Granpy turn the crank to get the tent trailer up.
After we got the camp site all set up, we headed to the beach to play. I had fun digging in the sand and playing with all my toys.
There were a lot of rocks on the beach and I liked to collect them to put in my princess bucket!
Makayla stayed all bundled up in her stroller while on the beach. She fell asleep for most of the time at the beach!
Daddy had a fun time trying to figure out how to get my kite going! Here is a video of us in action.
It was a windy day at the beach, so it was perfect for flying my kite! Look at it go!
I was getting the hang of it!
Daddy and I had fun flying the kite together!
After flying my kite for awhile, I wanted to go back and play in the sand some more with Grammy.
We headed back to the campsite to have some dinner. I was watching daddy start a fire for us!
We had pie iron pizzas and then s'mores for dessert. I had fun watching my marshmallow turn brown! It was fun to be able to roast my own this years with mom's help.
The next day we got all bundled up again and headed out to explore the redwood trees!
Granpy and I had fun hanging out while we waited for everybody else to get ready! I got to drive the truck again. I am such a big girl!
We went on a hike to see some waterfalls. I walk part of the way and convinced daddy to pack me some of the way. It is a good work out for daddy when he packs me!
There was pretty lupine all over, so mommy and I stopped to have our picture taken by it! I got packed the whole way too. Lucky thing for mommy that I am only 13 lbs!
We then headed over to hike the Lady Bird Johnson grove. I am waiting for Makayla to get in the pack and ready to go.
I had so much fun exploring all the big trees. I really liked the ones that were hollowed out from fire and good to explore. I also had a blast hiding from people in them and saying "boo" when they went by.
I got my first ride in the kelty and I loved it. I felt like such a big girl in there!
Making silly faces along the way.
The trees were big enough for me to climb in and sit in like a chair.
The trail that we went on was an interpretive hike, so at every number sign that I found I would put my trail mix bag out and mommy would put a M&M in my bag. I got really good at finding the numbers and holding the bag out.
Daddy and I found a tree stump chair to rest on.
At night I got all bundled up in multiple layers. I got to use McKenzie's snow suit from when she was little to stay nice and warm. I was sure one cute pink bear. Granpy and I had fun making bear sounds at each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment