October 22, 2016
This year instead of having a friend birthday party (since we just moved and I haven't had a chance to make any real friends yet) mom decided to do a birthday party adventure for me! What we were doing was a left as a surprise until we got there. She told me that we were going to have a birthday adventure that included a picnic. The birthday adventure was a train ride on the Mount Hood Railroad. Grammy and Granpy meet us in Hood River to join in on the birthday adventure fun.
I was pretty excited when I saw the trains and found out that we would be riding on it.
All aboard the Mt. Hood express!
I have been wanting a paw patrol birthday party, but when mom took me to the store to pick out plates she said that I could choose two different ones. One for my real birthday and one for my birthday adventure. For the train ride I chose a My Little Pony theme. I got a My Little Pony crown and a My Little Pony shirt. I also was very excited about getting to wear the "it's my birthday" ribbon.

Aunt Helen came down the day before and rode up to Hood River with us to join in the birthday adventure fun!
We had assigned seats in an assigned car, but I got first choice of our assigned seats and I choose to sit by the window, so, I didn't miss any of the ride.
I chose the seat across from her by the window too!
I was so excited to have Grammy and Granpy there that I wanted them to sit by us too.
We chose the side with six seats instead of four so Aunt Helen could sit with us too.
Being silly with Granpy while we waited for the train to take off.
I am so excited for the train to take off and see where it will take us.
Here we go!
Mom went crazy taking pictures of me on my birthday adventure.
Just because it wasn't my birthday adventure doesn't mean that mom didn't take a bunch of pictures of me too.
We lucked out and it ended up being a nice and sunny day. There was a lot of intermittent fog and cloud cover as we drove from Redmond to Hood River, but once we were in Hood River the sun was out the the sky was blue. For late October we were really lucky it wasn't a rainy day!
We did a lot of watching out the window at the scenery while the train travel. Right now we are going past our car in the parking lot.
Mom wanted to get a good picture of me on my birthday train ride, so, she kept making me look at her.
The falls leaves were still on the trees, but had changed color! Another way we lucked out today!
As the train ride went on I decided to be a little silly after all that is what to almost 4 years old do best.
Here is the picture she was looking for.
This was a great birthday activity for me.
Mom had packed a lunch for a picnic durning our stop in Odell, but those Cheetos that Grammy brought were just asking to be opened early and enjoyed while we rode along on the train. Then mom got out some of the veggies for us to snack on too, since, we were getting a little hungry.
The only thing that I knew we would be doing for my birthday adventure is go on a picnic. There is a 30 minutes stop at the end of the line in Odell where you get off the train for a little bit and it is right around lunch time.
Mom brought a tablecloth, My Little Pony plates, and a picnic lunch for us all to enjoy during our stop.
I love Mom's chicken salad (mainly because it has craisins and is on a cracker), so, she thought it would be the perfect food for my birthday adventure picnic.
She was right! I gobbled it right up! Along with my fruit (strawberries and tangerines are some favorites), and veggies (cucumbers and jicama being favorites there).
We got back on the train and rode it back to Hood River. It was sure a fun train ride.
Back at the Hood River train station.
There wasn't enough time at the stop in Odell to eat and do cupcakes, so, we had to wait on the cupcakes until we got back to the train station in Hood River. It was hard to wait because the first thing I asked this morning was when are we having lunch, so, I can have my cupcake. I was really looking forward to my chocolate cupcake!
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!
Blowing out that four candle.
I got the candle blown out and am ready to dive into this cupcake.
I went right to eating mine!
I think that Grammy likes chocolate desserts as much as we do.
It is hard to keep your face clean while eating a chocolate cupcake, especially when you lick off the chocolate gnache frosting first.
I am in a chocolate daze.
When we got back to the car I wanted Granpy, Grammy, and Aunt Helen to wear their My Little Pony birthday hats. They were really good sports about putting them on and wearing them. It sure made me happy to have them join in on my birthday adventure with me.
On our way back to Redmond we thought we would stop at one of the many fruit stands they have in this area. They call it the fruit loop tour, because there are a bunch different fruit stands that you can stop at to try different types of fruit that are in season and then buy them. We tried a bunch of pears and apples today.
Then this fruit stand had $1.00 kid cones, so, Aunt Helen treated us to a cone. Now I have cake and ice cream for my birthday adventure.
I chose huckleberry ice cream. I love berries and a couple of weeks ago dad found some growing in the wild while out in the woods for work. He brought them home so we could try our first huckleberries. I loved them, so, when I found out I could have huckleberry ice cream I was excited.
I better start working on this ice cream cone before it starts to melt.
The Hood River area is a fantastic place for fruit to grow, so, there are orchards and berry patches everywhere. For those who don't know where the area is it is on the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon side pretty much straight north of us a couple of hours.
There was the perfect little kids picnic table for us to sit at and enjoy our ice cream
Like mom said we lucked out with the weather today. The Hood River area is still west enough that is gets quite a bit of rain, especially this time of year.
My ice cream cone kept me busy. I didn't want to miss a single lick.
It was sure a fun way today to keep celebrating my birthday. I am going to milk my birthday for all it is worth. I am quite obsessed with my birthday and getting the optimum fun out of it I can.





No comments:
Post a Comment