Monday, November 21, 2016

From Bears to Alpaca

October 23, 2016
I had my birthday all planned out.  I was going to go to Black Bear for breakfast, have pizza for dinner with a Paw Patrol Party, and lunch I was still deciding on.  Well on Saturday mom started thinking about my plan and realized that if we did breakfast at Black Bear on my birthday than we would have to get up really early so Dad could join us.  She talked me into doing Black Bear for my birthday on Sunday, so we could all have fun!
We were very excited to see that they have a Black Bear in Redmond, so, we could keep our birthday pancake breakfast tradition!
I love my hearty 9 grain pancakes with strawberries and whip cream!
I am a big fan of the pancakes too!
We had fun checking out the bears that they have at this Black Bear.  They are all new to us!
We had a fun and yummy birthday breakfast!
On the way to our car I thought I would meet some new black bears.
Such welcoming bears.
We are off for our next adventure of the day!
There is an alpaca farm just north of us in Terrebonne where you are able to go and see the alpacas and feed them.
We thought that we would go and check it out.  There was food at the gift shops that Aunt Helen got us to feed to the alpacas.
I just love animals so I jumped right in and stuck my hand through the fence with some food to feed to the alpaca.
When the alpaca eats out of your hand it tickles and causes smiling and laughing.
It would tickle and I would quickly pull my hand back, so, all the food would drop on the ground.  Aunt Helen helped me keep my hand in place, so, the alpaca could get all the food.
Aunt Helen feed the alpacas to show me how to do it.
Daddy even feed the alpacas.
A mom alpaca and her baby.
  We wanted to feed the babies, but they wouldn't always come and eat from us.
I think I will try to feed and pet this one.
Up close and personal.  I hope she doesn't spit on me!
This one, that Dad and I went to feed, had to wear a jacket to keep warm.  
Here you go alpaca, I have some food for you.
Those alpaca tongues feel so funny.
I had a great time feeding the alpacas.
Such interesting looking animals.
I really wanted to feed one of the babies or a cria which is what they are called.
This brown fluffy one we thought would be a good pet and friend for Scout.  I wonder if our house is zoned for alpacas?
He was so soft and fluffy that we all wanted to feed him.
The alpacas liked be fed, but they really didn't care to be pet.  We would feed them and distract them with food while we petted and felt their fleece.
It was sure soft!
I thought I would have a seat on the gate and rest for a moment, but I better watch out and make sure that the alpaca doesn't eat me!
We finished feeding the alpacas their food and are headed back to the car.
Since we were up north we thought we would go and see the Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint.
At the viewpoint there are three different bridges that go across the canyon that the Crooked River flows through.
It is a long way down to the bottom.  I think we will stay up on top. 
We headed out onto the walking bridge to see a view of the gorge.
We stopped for some photos.
Did a little silly dance.
Then we walked down the path a little bit to see the canyon.  While we were there we even saw someone bungee jump off of the pedestrian bridge.  It was fun to watch them, but we all decided that we didn't want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment