August 8, 2015
We are ready for another road trip again and this time we are headed to Colorado to see Grandma and Grandpa. We really like to get into our jeep and play around and pretend to drive while mom and dad are finishing packing us up. This will be our longest road trip of the summer, so, hers hoping that it goes well!
My friend Allie (really know as McKenzie's friend Allie) has this Care Bear that she lets me borrow from time to time. They were over at our house having dinner a couple of nights before we left and her Care Bear got left at our house, so, I thought it would want to go on an adventure with us! Here we are at our first pit stop all the way to Susanville, CA.
I have somehow never been to Nevada before, so, when we crossed into Nevada mom thought she would get a photo of me in a new state! That puts me up to eight states now!
We have had a busy and long day of travel. At dinner, mom put us in our pajamas and we headed off Salt Lake City for the night. Here I am crossing into Utah, which, adds another state for me. Now I am up to nine states. Not to bad for a 2 year old!
I have never been to Utah either, so, Katelyn and I got our picture taken in Utah! When mom asked me if I thought Utah or Nevada was prettier I said, "Utah!" As we were coming into our hotel, when it was dark, I looked over and saw a big fireworks display going on. It was sure fun to see the fireworks even from a distance. That was the highlight of my first day of travel!
August 9, 2015
August 9, 2015
We are back in the car and ready to make it to Steamboat Springs, Co today with of course a couple of pit stops along the way!
We made a bathroom stop some where in Utah and Care Bear and I wanted to get out and stretch our legs.
I rewarded mom with some good smiles for getting me out of the car!
I found one of Dad's hats and had fun trying it on!
The Dinosaur National Monument was on the way to Steamboat Springs and since we had fun seeing fossils at John Day and Dad remembered having fun there when he was little we thought we would take a pit stop and check it out.
Check out the big dinosaur we found. I hope he doesn't get us!
They had a tram that you were supposed to ride up to the top where the quarry exhibit hall was. We really wanted to ride the tram, but Scout wasn't allowed on the tram so Dad had to follow us up in the car with Scout. The bus driver was really nice and offered to take our picture while we waited for everybody to load up!
We are excited to get to ride a tram and see the dinosaur fossils!
Scout wasn't allowed in the building, so, mom and dad took turns walking him around while we went with one or the other to explore the exhibit. First, we went in with Dad and was very excited to get to actually touch a fossil!
While mom was waiting for us, she decided to take some photos of the surrounding area. Here is the landscape from the top of the hill!
The valley and the river down below.
The Quarry Exhibit Hall.
Some of the rock formations
We came out and then wanted to head in again with mom. The area behind me had tons of different fossils through out it.
It was fun to see so many fossils in the ground!
Here is a small area and example of all the fossils they have discovered in this area.
When we were walking down to the main floor a women who works there was taking a cart with containers down. I asked what was in them and the lady asked if I wanted to hold one and get my picture taken with one. I was pretty excited to get to hold one and pose with it.
Look, I am a dinosaur. They told us what type it was, but we don't remember.
She asked me if I wanted to hold one too, but I wasn't so sure about it.
I wanted to reach up as far as I could to touch this fossil.
Look at how big this fossil is. I can only imagine the size of the dinosaur.
We sure had a fun time looking at and touching the fossils!
We really wanted to ride the tram back down to the parking lot, but with dad this time! We had a great time at our pit stop.
We made it to Colorado. Now that is an excited face! Only a little bit further until we are there!














No comments:
Post a Comment