Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fish Creek Falls and playing in the backyard!

August 10, 2015
Yeah!  We made it!  Well we made it yesterday, but we are up and ready for our first adventure at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  
We decided to get out and move around a little bit today, since, we have been sitting the last couple of days.  We headed to Fish Creek Falls to hike and see the water fall.  That is Fish Creek Falls in the background.  
We had a nice hike to the falls.  It wasn't too far which is a good thing, because, the elevation difference makes it harder to hike.  We tried to run part of the way, but got winded a lot quicker.  
We headed down to the river to dip our feet in and see how cold it was!
I had to sit down to get my shoes off.  I am ready to get my feet wet!
This is going to be so fun!
Dad took me over to put me in a little pool.  It was sure cold, but refreshing!
I wanted Dad to put me in the same pool he put McKenzie in!
Thanks Daddy for the help!
This rock had a perfect area carved out for a seat for me!
Better yet, I could lay back and take in some rays!
I thought I would try the rock chair!
Grandma and I found a rock to sit on, so, we could dry our feet off and put our shoes back on!
We are back to the waterfall and got a picture with us and Grandma in front of it.
That evening, we headed out back to try out the bow and arrow set that Grandpa found for us at an arts and crafts fair.  Daddy showed me how to bring it back to shoot it. 
It was sure fun to shoot and I really started to get the hang of it.
I collected an arrow that McKenzie shot!
 A quick pose for a picture before I shot my next arrow.  
I had a lot of fun shooting the arrow.  Mom came over to take a video of me in action and how do I thanked her, by hitting her with an arrow.  I don't think I would have been able to hit her if I was really trying.  In fact, I think mom got hit by both Makayla and me.  Lucky thing these arrows have a pool noodle on the end!
I am working on my golf game, so, I can get a scholarship in college.  What do you think of my chances?  I know after watching this video, you are thinking I am a natural.
I helped Aunt Aubrey husk some corn for dinner. 
After McKenzie's turn, I wanted to try out the bow and arrow.  Dad showed me how to load my arrow.
Then I carefully got the arrow on the string.
Ready set shoot!
I did it!
Can you tell I am two by this video and me wanting to try to do it by myself?  Here I am learning to shoot the bow.
I had fun being pushed around by Grandpa in the wagon.  
There is a little hill on the side of the yard which was so much fun to ride down.  It was quite the little ride!
I had a lot of fun in the little red wagon!
Aunt Aubrey found daisies for each of us to wear in our hair!
Makayla had so much fun riding the wagon down the hill that I thought I would join in on the fun!
Grandpa went and got the wagon that his Dad had, which, was big enough for us to go down together in.  We had a great time playing in the background.  
After dinner, I wanted to show Grandma and Grandpa how well I was doing at riding my bike.  So, we rode circles around their cul-de-sac!  It was fun to get to ride!
 It was national s'mores day, so, Grandpa lit a fire in the fire pit and Grandma helped us make ice cream cone s'mores. 
We put marshmallows and chocolate chips in ice cream cones then wrapped them in foil and put them in fire to melt.  They were sure a yummy treat.  We had a fun first day in Colorado.  

No comments:

Post a Comment