Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A fun busy day in Steamboat Springs

August 12, 2015
When we got up in the morning, we would watch the hot air balloons from Grandma and Grandpa's front window.  Today, Daddy, Makayla, and I hopped in Grandma's car with her to go and find the hot air balloons and see them up close.  
We had fun watching them take off and fly high in the air!
It flies so high!  It was fun to get to see them up close!
That morning, we headed out to the back porch to do a little painting with Grandma.  I love to paint and especially with Grandma!
I didn't want to miss out on the painting fun.  
I took my painting very seriously.
It was a beautiful morning to be out painting pictures.  
I really liked getting to dip my finger in the paint and using it to paint a picture.
Thanks for painting with us Grandma!  We had a great time!
At the ice skating rink in Steamboat, they have ice bumper cars.  It was a must do, since, Makayla still talks about being to short for the bumper cars in Disneyland.  Grandma and I got in our bumper tube together.  
I really wanted to go in a bumper tube with mom.  I was so excited to get a chance to actually get to do the bumper cars this time!
Grandma and I had a great time bumping into Mom and Makayla!
I really did have a smile on my face most of the time we were going!
Grandma and Dad switched places.  Dad and I had a great time together.  Watch out mom here we come!  I was pretty excited, because, I was able to steer the bumper tube!  It was sure a blast.  
There is the smile!  We had fun going fast and bumping into all sorts of people.
We headed outside to warm up a little bit.  It was sure cold on the ice.
Then we headed to downtown to get some gelato!  Grandma and I had a great time trying the different types of gelato.  I really like trying Grandma's, while, I waited for them to dish up mine!
Cheers to gelato!
I really really liked my strawberry and hazelnut gelato.  You could pick two different flavors for your cup and those are the two that I picked.  Interesting combo, but I seemed to like it!
I chose pomegranate and vanilla for mine!  I must say I am a fan of gelato!
Grandma and I had fun eating ours together.  
We had fun checking out downtown steamboat after our gelato.  Check out this silly pig we sat on!
There is a horse outside of F.M. Light and Son which is a western style story in Steamboat that has been there for over a hundred years.  It was fun to get to ride the horse.
I wanted to ride the horse too!
We got on together!  Giddy-up horsey we are ready to go!
We headed into the store, because, they give out sheriff badges.  Then we had fun trying on cowboy boots and found some stick horses to ride around. 
On the way back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, we stopped by the car wash to get her car washed.  It was a huge hit with us and we still talk about going through the car wash!  It was sure a fun and busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment