Monday, July 13, 2015

Swimming lessons 2015

June 8-18, 2015
It is that time of year again for swim lessons.  This year we are trying something new.  We are trying Swim America swim lessons.  I have my goggles and am ready to jump right in!
The only bad thing is that you have to be three to take lessons here, so, I don't get to take lessons this year.  Mom figured we will get in the water enough that she will be able to work with me!
Mom would pack me a snack and I would get to hang out with her and Sara!  I was a little bummed when I didn't get to take lessons, but there is always next year!
At swimamerica they have different levels and if you pass one level you get to move up.  The first thing I had to learn to do, so I could move up, was to float on my front and back with out assistance!  Here I am working on my back float!
It was a fun first day at swim lessons!  I can't wait to come back tomorrow!
I am very excited to be doing swim lessons with my good buddy Allison!
The next day, we showed up all ready to go, but as we were about to jump into the pool the lightening started.  They had to cancel the swim lessons for the day.  
On Wednesday, I am eager to get back on the water again!  Lets get this car going!
It is a little bit colder today (in the low 90's), so, I hope I stay warm enough!
I am sure enjoying being in the water!
I was working really hard at trying to float, but it does not come easy for me.  I just kept sinking!
This is the last day of  the first week!
My snack of the day was a whole nectarine and it was sure yummy!
It is the 1st day of the second week of swim lessons!  I am pretty excited about swim lessons today, because, mom helped me figure out how to float on my own, so, I should be able to pass this level today!
I wanted an up close photo!
I am ready to cheer McKenzie on today!
We got there a little bit early, so, we decided to hang out on the rail while we waited!
We gave mom lots of good smiles!
I am ready to get in and conquer!
I was very excited to learn how to float!  Here you can see me floating in action!
Here I am taking the test to see if I can move up to the next level!
I passed that level!  When you pass the level you get to go and ring the cow bell and get a sticker to put on your chart.  Mom tried to get a picture of me ringing the bell, but I rang it very quickly and with my back turned!
I was very into wanting my picture taken today!
I am waiting my turn with excitement!  
It was fun to get to swim across the pool with a kick board!
I got to jump off of the starting block!
Here I am jumping right off with such bravery!
Ha ha!  Look at me!  I am standing on the rail!
They got us out of the pool to work on our kicking.  I wasn't really getting how to keep my legs straight!
There we go that looks better!
I am pretty excited about being able to swing on the rail.  
Today, I am going to work on swimming by myself for a little bit!
A sweet pose before I get in!
I want to do what McKenzie is doing!
While we watched McKenzie, mom redid my hair in french braids!
Two more days of swim lessons and I am still loving it!


A picture of us sweet girls together!
The lane divider was a great place to hang onto while I waited for my turn!
I loved getting to kick with the kick board!
On the last day I really started to get it!  Here is a video of me swimming by myself doing the front stroke!
It is amazing to think about where I started just two weeks ago and where I am now!  Here is a video of me swimming on my back!
We made it through and learned a lot.  We are both able to float on our front and back and even swim on our own for a little bit!  It was a successful swim lesson!


No comments:

Post a Comment