June 22, 2015
Today, we headed to have a fun morning at Turtle Bay! As we were getting out of the car, I asked mom if we could feed the Larakeets today, since, it was closed last time! She said yes, so, we headed there first! The last time we actually feed the Larakeets it didn't go so well and I started to cry. A couple of years later and a lot braver I had a great time!
Here is a video of the Larakeets eating and landing on me. My facial expressions are priceless!
I was very focused on not dropping my cup!
Even with though I was so focused, I was able to smile and enjoy it!
Mom even got me to look up at her and smile! These little guys sure love their food!
I was not so sure about feeding the larakeets, but I was okay with watching McKenzie feed them!
Here they are eating from their bowls. They put some in there, so, they didn't attack me out of hunger!
One of the larakets hung on pretty tight and I didn't really like that, because it kind of hurt.
An up close look at the larakeet.
I got Makayla's cup of nectar, since, she didn't want it. It was a good deal for me because I got twice the time with the larakets.
I was fascinated by how the birds ate. After the cup was done, they would try to lick up any little bits that might have gotten on you with their tongues. It was really crazy to feel their tongues licking you. Makayla wanted to see their tongues stick out!
We headed back to the butterfly garden to watch the butterflies. We got our sheet to help us identify them and sat down on the turtle bench to watch!
The monarch butterflies sure love these orange flowers!
Since they weren't doing the animal show today, we headed down to see the animals!
We got warm on the walk back, so, we headed to play in the water and cool off! I got the water spout to work!
I pumped the handle to get water out!
My favorite part of the day was splashing in the puddle!
It was sure a fun morning at Turtle Bay!




No comments:
Post a Comment