April 9, 2017
Today is Palm Sunday and we have had a fun week learning all about it and Easter with our resurrection egg advent. We are headed off to church to celebrate Palm Sunday!
We like to start wearing our fancy Easter dresses before Easter and that way we have an occasion to wear the different ones we have. This is my Palm Sunday dress!
Mom thought she would get some photos of us all dressed up.
This was me last year in my Palm Sunday dress. It must really be a Palm Sunday dress because I wore it for Palm Sunday last year.
I am enjoying some Palm Sunday lunch. I had a great time making palm branches and cloaks out of paper to put on the road for Jesus at Sunday school today!
I love to wear my fancy dresses and would probably wear one everyday if I could and sometimes I do wear them on random days!
This also my Palm Sunday dress because some how not even knowing it Mom put us in the exact same dresses for Palm Sunday as she did last year.
When we were in Redding visiting my friend Hallie, Mom was talking to Hallie's parents about mountain bikes because they were thinking about getting me one. Well they had an old one that their girls weren't using and asked if I would want it. Of course I was super thrilled to get it!!!!!
It has been out in the garage for a couple of weeks because we haven't had the time or weather to try it out, so, today Dad showed me how to put the wheel back on, make sure the breaks were working right, and everything was ready to go for me to try it out!
I was a good little student and learned how to check my bike over. I always love to learn new skills with Dad. He does a great job of taking the time and showing me how to do it!
Here I am on my new mountain bike. It is a little bit bigger than my other bike, it has hand breaks, shocks, gears and it is made to go off road! I am so excited for all the adventures I will be able to take with this bike!
Today though the adventure is just around our neighborhood. We figured the neighborhood would be a good place to get used to having hand breaks and not pedal breaks, since, it is nice and flat. We headed out around the neighborhood and got in a good little ride. I at least went over a mile because we ended up at the school track near our house and Makayla, Mom and I rode around 5 times before heading out.
When we got home Dad worked on getting the sprinklers going again and mom did some weeding. While Dad was turning the valve back on we found some tree frogs hanging out down there. I caught one of those noisy little guys. I brought him to the back where mom was to show her. I was okay with the frog, but started to freak out when he was trying to escape.

So mom went in the house to find a clear plastic cup for me to put the frog in.
It was much easier to hold him in the plastic cup.
I named her Rosy and put her in the covered sand/dirt pit in the backyard, so, she can sing to us at night time.

While Dad was working on the sprinklers in the garage I found our bunny ears. Of course I wanted to wear them to dinner. I sure did get a lot of looks, but I had a great time getting to wear my bunny ears.



No comments:
Post a Comment