Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Birthday to Mom!

April 23, 2017
The weather has not been the greatest around her for Grammy and Granpy's visit.  It has been pretty cold and cloudy with intermittent rain.  This morning was supposed to be sunny, so, we thought we would head to the Sunriver Observatory to check it out. 
I know what you are thinking, "Why would you visit an observatory in the middle of the day?"  Well they have a couple of telescopes that you can look through to see the sun.  Dad is helping me see through this one.
It was pretty cool to look through the telescope and see the sun up close.  We were able to see solar flares and I think it was magnetic arches that we saw.
We shared the telescopes and even let the adults look through them. 
I had so much fun checking out the sun.  We even got some solar glasses for the solar eclipse this summer.  We now know what is going to happen for the solar eclipse!

April 24, 2017
In some of our hand me down stuff there were ballet clothes in them.  Mom decided to let me have them as dress up clothes.  I love to wear them around the house.  Check out my outfit today.  I look like a princess ballerina if I have ever seen one!
My outfit was so fantastic that Mom had to take at least a couple of pictures.

April 25, 2017
Today is Mom's birthday.  We thought we would get out and do something fun, unfortunately it was really cold today so that limited what we were able to do.  We headed down to the Nature Conservancy in Sunriver to check it out.  We got a pass from the library.  We had fun checking it out.   I always like to check out my wingspan and see what bird I match. 
Granpy almost had the same wingspan as a golden eagle.  That is pretty impressive!!!!
This evening we both had soccer practice, so, Grammy spoiled mom while we were at practice and made calzones for dinner and then made dessert for her birthday.  We wanted to open presents before we had to head to bed.  I think Scout is going to start in while we take some pictures. 
There you go Scout way to smile for the camera.  This big gift is from Dad and us!  Mom wanted a table and chairs to put outside on our porch to hang out in while we played out front.  We did a great job of picking a great table and chairs.  We have even used them already!  Don't worry those pictures are to come!
The other thing that mom wanted was a new day pack for hiking, which she got this great one from Grandma and Grandpa.  Her other one the zippers had broke and it is nice to have a backpack to put all our waters and stuff in so she doesn't have to carry it all!  I wanted to try the backpack on and wear it.  It totally fits and I can use it for hiking.
McKenzie wanted to try it on too, but for some reason it made her really sad.
A Happy Birthday picture with mom, well an almost happy birthday picture.  McKenzie is working really hard not to smile.

April 26, 2017
Mom picked out a chocolate caramel pecan tart dessert for her birthday, but it the caramel needed more time to set up before we could eat it.  We ended up waiting until the next day to blow out candles and have dessert!
It was sure yummy and well worth the wait!  Thanks Grammy and Granpy for coming and making mom's birthday so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment