Saturday, October 8, 2016

Grammy and Granpy return

August 24, 2016
On Sunday we decided that it would be easier on all of us if we stayed at Grammy and Granpy's house and Dad headed back to the hotel in Prineville (if you have every stayed in a hotel for extended period of time with two young kids and not on vacation you would understand why!).  For a couple of days we were stuck without a car until Grammy and Granpy got back.  We walked to the park near by and played at their house while we waited for their return.
We were so excited that they made it safely back yesterday and were ready to go and play today!  Well first we went to check out their apple tree which is the coolest apple tree we have ever seen.  It has six different branches that spread out and each branch has a different type of apple.  
We each got to pick a couple of apples and then we did a taste test to see what they tasted like and if they were ready to pick yet.
Wow!  This one is hard to get off!
I think I found a good one.
I found a Honeycrisp and a Chehalis.
We had to get Granpy in on the picking fun, since, it is his apple tree!
He helped us pick an Akane apple to try.
It was on one of the tall branches, so, I had to get on my tippy toes and reached up high to get one.  We headed inside and cut one of each up and sure enjoyed our apple tasting. We loved them all!  Apples are so good fresh off a tree!
 Since we had been at the house for the last couple of days we thought we would drive to a park in Longview to play and have a picnic.
I loved having Grammy push me on the swing.
I thought I would try swinging on this.
Nothing like a good old bouncy car ride.
We headed over to find a picnic table to have lunch at.
We sure enjoyed our lunch at Lake Sacajawea.
After lunch we headed back to the playground to play for a little bit.
McKenzie likes this piece of equipment.  You hop on and it spins you around and around and around.  It was fun and sure made me dizzy.
I am going to climb to the top!
Here I go!  Ready to spin myself dizzy.
Grammy helped me swing in a circle and then get back up onto the platform.  We sure had fun at the park and lunch.  We are sure glad that Grammy and Granpy are back at their house!

No comments:

Post a Comment