Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Cannon Beach, OR

August 25, 2016
It has been warm here in Washington, so, we thought we would head to the beach to get out of heat.  Well we went to the beach, but we didn't get out of the heat. It was actually 85 degrees at the beach today and not even winding.  It was probably the warmest day at the beach all year long!
We headed to Cannon Beach to check out the tide pools around haystack rock.
We had fun running on the beach with Granpy.
We made it to haystack rock.  When we got there we had fun walking in the water pools.  That water was sure cold!
We saw some sea amenities and one sea star.  We were hoping to find more sea stars, but there weren't really any today for some reason.  We were a little bummed, but I guess we will have to try another time.
We headed back to the car to get our swim suits on, so, we could play in the sand and the water.
I went right to playing in the sand.
I went to get some water for our sand castle.
It was fun to sift the sand and see what treasures I could find.
We had a great time building together.
What a perfect day at the Oregon beach!
Normally when you go to the Oregon beach you put on pants and a sweatshirt, but today was not only warm enough to put swim suits on, but to actually get into the water for a little bit.  Mom told us not to expect to get to wear our swim suits or go in the water the next time we come to the beach!
McKenzie stayed in the water longer than I did.  I wanted to play in the sand some more!
Granpy did a great job of standing watch with us girls while we were in the ocean.  This crazy seagull flew in and photo bombed Grammy's picture!  Thanks Grammy and Granpy for taking us to the beach and such a perfect day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment