Monday, August 15, 2016

Swimming Lessons

July 5, 2016
 Mom wasn't to sure about getting swim lessons in this summer since the summer has been so up in the air.  We thought we would give it a chance and see if we would be able to make it for the whole two weeks.  I was really glad, because, I was looking forward to swimming lessons this year, since, I wasn't old enough last year.  My swim teacher's name was Ethan and I thought he was the coolest person alive!
 In swim America they have different levels and if you are able to complete the skills during a test then you get to move up.  On Day one I showed them I could swim on my back all by myself.
 I also showed them that I could swim on my stomach all by myself.
 I quickly passed the level and was ready to move up to the next one.  When you pass a level you get to ring the cow bell!
 Then you get to pick a prize which is really exciting!
I headed back into the water where they taught me how to do the crawl stroke.  It was a very fun first day of swim lessons.

June 7, 2016
I got my goggles and am ready to jump in for another day of swim lessons!
I was very excited to get to wear my ladybug swimsuit today!
Check out how relaxed I am doing a back float.  Before we started swim lessons I would not let go of mom long enough to be able to float on my back with her.  Ethan was sure good at getting me comfortable in the water. 
A front float!
For me to move up to the next level I had to do 10 bobs on my own.  After McKenzie got a prize for moving up I was highly motivated to move up.  Early that day I practiced some bobs with my mom and am ready to pass this level.
Here I am bobbed under the water.
Then back out!
Here I am working on my crawl stroke!
Here is a video of me doing the crawl stroke that I just learned a couple of days ago!
When I moved up I got to be in the same class as Allie!  We were excited to get to swim together.
Mom saw that I was testing to go up to the next level and headed over to get some video.  I got about 4 in and got a headache from water going up my nose.  When mom told me I got a prize if I did them all I started back up again and finished all 10 of them!
I made it to level 2 and got to ring the bell.  I picked out a water gun for all my hard work!  I was very proud of myself!


July 8, 2016
First thing I did at swim lessons today was to test to see if I could move up to the next level.  I had to swim crawl stroke and do a side stroke.  I was able to do both of them and passed to the next level!
At this level they worked on back crawl.  It has been fun learning new skills.
We got to use the kick boards to go from one end of the pool to the other and than back!
I worked on my front glide.  It might still need a little work!
One more video showing how well I am doing going all the way under.

July 11 2016
In this level we worked on breathing to the side while doing the crawl stroke.  I have to say it is harder than it looks.
Here is a video of me doing crawl stroke and trying to breath from the side.
Here I am working on that back crawl stroke.
This is how I like to float on my back usually, with my feet out of the water.
I seriously just loved Ethan.  Anytime you mentioned his name I got the biggest smile on my face and my whole face lit up.  I would talk his ear off the whole entire swim lessons.  He was just fantastic!
I had a great time kicking on the wall.

July 13, 2016
Another day with Ethan brings a smile to my face.


July 14, 2016
Today is the last day of swim lessons!  I sure have had a great time these last couple of weeks.
I had a great time even while I waited my turn to swim.
You don't get much more relaxed than this.  To pass this level you had to float on your back and front for 5 seconds and then recover.  I wasn't ready to float on my own yet.  Mom was just pleased with how much more comfortable I am in the water and that I have no problems putting my head in the water!
Here is a video of my back glide.
I got to a point that I could do a front glide with my head in the water!
This week I worked on getting better at breathing to the side while doing crawl stroke.  Mom figured it is a very important skill to conquer.
Here I am getting some help with my back crawl stroke.
It was a great week of swimming with our friends.
A lot of new skills were learned this week, but I think even more fun was had!

No comments:

Post a Comment