July 18, 2016
We are set for our first adventure as homeless girls or as Makayla puts it we are at our new home for this week. Our first stop was Grammy and Granpy's house. While we were outside we discovered that the peas in their garden needed picked, so, we got busy picking the snap peas to eat.
I had to try one! They were sure yummy!
I got in there to help Grammy pick some peas. We found birthday hats in the closet and were playing with them. I thought they were the perfect container for putting our picked peas.
After we picked from Grammy's garden we headed over to the big garden. Grammy and Granpy's friends who live down the street have a huge garden where they grow all types of different fruits and vegetables. We went and picked some blueberries. Yummy!
It was fun to see what the plants looked like in the ground and growing. Katie pulled up this red onion for us to take. While we were there we tried some blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. They were sure yummy.
Katie was so sweet and loaded us up with lots of yummy fresh veggies. This is way better than going to a farmers market. We got carrots, onion, zucchini, potatoes, apples and green beans to try. We got so loaded down it was hard to carry it all home!
I can't wait to go home and try all this yummy food! It was sure was fun touring Katie's garden!
We packed up a lunch and headed down to Vancouver to check out Fort Vancouver. When we got there we were hungry, so, we found a picnic table to eat lunch at.
I love picnic lunches!
Uh oh! Granpy is trying to get into my photo!
Granpy got me!
He swung me off the bench, so, we could head out.
We are ready to head to the fort.
Before you get to the fort gates you get to walk through the garden. This is where the Hudson Bay Company would have orginally had their garden.
There was a grape tunnel to walk through. The perfect place to stop for a photo op.
Granpy did a great job of getting us to laugh. He always can make us laugh! We just think he is fantastic.
Thanks Granpy for getting those big smiles.
We got to the gate and the Fort is closed on a monday. I guess mom should have looked it up before we came. So we stopped and played on the fence for a little bit.
I showed my sister how to climb over the fence.
Half way there!
Down I go!
We walked back through the garden to the car. The sunflowers were huge.
It was crazy to see the bees collecting pollen in the sunflowers. The bees were bright yellow all over because they were covered with pollen. We have never seen anything like it before.
There was a playground by the visitor center that we played at for a little bit before we headed back to Grammy and Granpy's house. Grammy was great and pushed me on the swing for a long time!
I had a great time playing on the play structure part. The slide was fun.
Granpy helped me get up the ring to climb up.
I loved the zip line. It was so much fun. I wasn't able to go on my own, so, Granpy would give me a push to get me to the other side.
Even though our plans didn't work out like we planned we still sure had a fun first day at Grammy and Granpy's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment