Saturday 21, 2015
Our church has a wonderful Awana's program and they were having a pinewood derby competition at our church. We don't go to Awana's at this time, but they opened it up to all the kids at our church. We decided to participate and tonight we got to work making our cars! First thing we did was draw a design on the block of wood. Then, Dad put the work bench together, so, we could cut it out!
I had a lot of fun helping Dad out and watching him carve out my car!
I was really excited about getting to paint my car.
After the car was cut out, it was time to sand it and make it smooth!
Makayla thought that putting the paint up to her ears would help drown out the noise of the sander! Mom might need to explain to her how it works to block noise.
This was what I was most excited about! Painting my car! I choose to paint it silver and wanted purple flowers and pink butterflies!
I did a great job of painting it.
Here is my painted car. I also got to put glitter on top to make it sparkly and fun! I went all out on the glitter!
I was so excited to get to paint my car! I choose red as my color!
Mom knew that Kenzie would do a good job of painting her car, but she was pleasantly surprised on how well I did with mine.
When I was all done, I was very sad and wanted to paint something else. Mom said maybe another day!
Since, McKenzie put glitter on her car, of course, I wanted to glitter my car too! We finished off the glitter container between the two cars. They are sure going to sparkle tomorrow at the race!
March 22, 2015
After church today, they had a BBQ and then the pinewood derby race. Makayla and my cars were in the first race of the derby. They are all set and ready to go!
Here is a video of our cars in the first race. My car took second and Makayla's car was third. Makayla's car was not the quickest, but what it lacked in quickness it made up for in cuteness!
After our cars raced, we headed down to watch the rest of the races! Isaac was sweet and let me sit on his lap, so, I would be able to see!
Our cars races again and this time mine took first place in our heat!
Here I am with my car! It was sure a fun project!
So, this is my car! I love my dog pacifier so much that mom and dad thought it would be fun to make my car into a doggie!
We had a lot of fun! Thanks Daddy for helping us make our cars!
No comments:
Post a Comment