May 27, 2013
Today we are celebrating my 3rd birthday, with a Princess Party. My good friend Allison's birthday is a week before mine, so this year we thought we should have a birthday party together! We were supposed to have the party out at Whiskeytown lake, but it unfortunately rained today. It was the only day that it rained. It was 80 degrees and sunny the day before and the day after. The party was still a lot of fun. We ended up having it at Kid Kingdom, which is a park right by my house. They have a big covered area that kept us dry and sheltered from the rain.
The birthday party theme was Renaissance Princess. We had princess hats that we decorated. I had a great time decorating mine with stickers!
I even got to wear a princess hat. After all, I am a princess too! I didn't wear my hat for very long, long enough for a photo-op!
This is princess Sienna and her mom princess Shelley! At my birthday party every girl/women was a princess!
This is Shane he is a jester. Mommy made jester hats for all the boys to wear and decorate!
A cute picture of princess Shiloh!
Every princess needs accessories, so we made bracelets. Natalie helped me make my bracelet that said "McKenzie" on it. Mommy wanted to take a picture of us, but I didn't want a picture, so Natalie said we should make funny faces. Here we are making funny faces at each other.
Emmie and Reese had fun making bracelets with their dad!
Princess Alyssa and princess Hannah did a great job of decorating their hats and making a bracelet!
Jester Preston was very focused on getting his bracelet just right!
We love princess Marie. She is always such a great sport!
After we finished crafts and were waiting for lunch to be ready, we went and checked out the new water park. It wasn't raining at that moment and it was in the high 60's, so it made perfect sense to go and play in the water park. They just finished it up and this is one of the first days that it was on. I can't wait to really play in it.
I had fun shooting the cannon and having it spray water!
Here I am with Collin and Sienna on top of the rocks by the spray park.
After we were done with the water park, Allison (the other birthday princess) and I thought that since it was our party we should be able to dig into the fruit!
We just sat ourselves down and helped ourselves. I guess we were the guests of honor! Nothing like refreshing fruit.
I was excited to see Grammy. She worked hard getting the beans, corn and brisket warmed and ready to bring over for lunch! Thanks for all your hard work Grammy!
Daddy and Granpy did a great job of grilling the chicken legs!
Shane enjoying his chicken leg. I am glad we didn't do Turkey legs. They would have been too big for us 3 year olds!
Everybody enjoyed the feast. Here is Allison and her mommy eating a feast for a princess!
I go to eat my feast with the Geyer family. I am the blond amongst all the brunettes!
It was a great turn out with lots of friends and family. We were glad that people were adaptable and willing to come play despite the weather!
It wouldn't be a party without a pinata. Mommy made a princess pinata for us to break apart. I am giving it my all!
I hear that if you stick your tongue out it will help you break the pinata. I didn't break it apart, which is good, since I went first and there were a lot of kids behind me who wanted a turn!
Allison was up next. She took some good swings at it, but she didn't break it either!
There is Allison winding up. There is also a good picture of the front of the pinata!
The pinata was about to break apart and most of the kids had gone, but Makayla wanted a turn before we let the big boys finish it off!
While I waited for the pinata to finally fall, I decided to blow some bubbles!
This is Allison's brother Isaac, he wanted to run the rope while his other brother Elijah took a turn at the last of the pinata
I loved playing with those bubbles. I am glad that I had them to entertain me while I waited.
All the stuff came out and we went to get the goodies inside. I came back to inspect what I found.
After the pinata, it was time for cake. We had a sand castle cake because it was a princess party, so you need a castle and the sand part because it was supposed to be out at the lake which had a sandy beach. We are all ready to light the candles and get into that cake.
Here we are blowing our our candles!
Allison blew out her candle and then came and helped me blow out mine. She had practice before hand since she already had her birthday. We got that last candle!
I dug right in to my cake. I didn't want to miss a bite.
I didn't get any cake, but I did get some vegetables and a spoon that went with them. It sure is a yummy spoon!
Allison's mom made some fun hand kites, which, we had a blast twirling around. Collin and I wanted to see who's could go the fastest.
The three of us are birthday buddies. Allison was born on May 24th, Collin was born on May 25th, and I was born on May 31st. We all had a blast turning three this year.
We are both excited to open presents or it could just be the sugar from the cake.
We both got a lot of really fun things from our friends. We are two very blessed little girls to have such wonderful friends.
Hey look they are the same. Our friend Emmie picked out matching dresses, sun glasses and bracelets for us. I can't wait to wear them together for pictures. (Stay tuned for the adorable matching photos)!
When the party was done it was time to come home for a nap. When I woke up from my nap, I had a lot of fun going through and playing with my presents. I had a wonderful party and was so excited to be able to play with all my friends and Grammy and Granpy. Thanks everybody for coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment