Monday, June 10, 2013

An urban hike with Grammy and Granpy!

May 23, 2013
 I earned a reward before I went to bed the night before, so in the morning I got to decide what we did with Grammy and Granpy.  I decided to go on a hike and picnic.  The hike was in Redding.  There are tons of trails through out the town that you can "hike" on.  Normally we would have left town to find a hike, but Mommy is trying not to take Makayla into the mountains.  The elevation change really makes her fussy.  I was completely happy with my urban hike!  Here we are having sandwiches for lunch.  
I fell asleep in my stroller and am just waking up again.  I had a great time playing with my stroller toy.  The beautiful thing about it, is that it never falls down, plus I can play with it with my hands and my feet! 
 They put a special treat in the bottom of our lunch sack, caramel apple suckers.  Granpy and I were the lucky ones and got to eat the suckers!  It was a sure yummy treat.  
 We had fun doing cheers with our suckers.  It was a lot of fun eating suckers with Granpy!
 I wanted to get out of the stroller and run through the tunnel.  Daddy looked at the picture and said it was a large culvert and not a tunnel.  I still thought it was a fun tunnel to run through and make noises.  

May 25, 2013
 I am 7 months old today.  Can you believe it.  I don't go to the doctor for this month but when mommy weighed me on the scale at home I was 13 lbs 6 oz so I was up 5 oz from 13 lbs 1 oz and 25 1/2 inches long.  She didn't measure me.  Maybe next month.  I love to be outside, so for my 7 months birthday we headed to the park.  We are off to have a good time.  
 I love the airplane that they have at Kids Kingdom.  I wanted everybody to come and sit on it with me.  Mommy and I had a fun time laughing, playing and tickling.  
 With Grammy and Granpy on the wings I was ready to fly them all over the place!
 I got to hang out with Grammy while McKenzie played on the play area.  Sooner than you know I will be running along after her trying to keep up.  
I wanted to climb on the ropes, but they posed a challenge for me.  Lucky thing that Granpy was there to help me at the bottom.  Then Daddy was waiting at the top to get me up the rest of the way, so that we could go and run across the bridge.  

May 26, 2013
 It is the day before McKenzie's 3rd birthday party and Mommy and Allison's mom, Sara, are working on making the castle cake.  I got to hangout with Grammy and supervise their work!
 Grammy got me my first food pouch and we got to try it together.  It was pear and I really liked sucking it out of the pouch.  It was a lot less messy than when I eat with a spoon.  
 Here is Sand Castle Cake for Allison and McKenzie's birthday party.  Mommy said she would like to take credit for making it, but Allison's mommy did most of the work and made it turn out really cute!
 I finished eating my pears and now am in a happy relaxed state with a full belly!  I sure do like real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment