January 14, 2017
My ice skates finally came in the mail. Mom ordered some for me at the beginning of December, then reordered some for me at the beginning of January when the first ones weren't coming in and after lots of waited we finally get to go ice skating!
Redmond has a little rink downtown. In the morning it is open for a free skate if you have your own skates. It was quite cold this morning, but we thought we would bundle up and try out our new skates.
We are off. So far so good! We even let go of the rail!
Slow and steady wins the race.
That is a priceless smile!
Oh! Look at me go!
I made it all the way around the rink and am going again!
I got so comfortable I headed out to the middle of the rink.
I went out in the middle too!
We had fun skating together.
I am one cute bundled up ice skater.
We wanted to take a little break and rest for a moment. All this skating wears you out.
I love ice skating.
Taking a little time out on the bench.
Like mom said it was quite cold out this morning. The trees were all frosted over.
The frosted trees were sure pretty.
We made some tea before we left the house to drink while we were skating to help warm us up. Dad was so kind and helped me drink my tea. It is hard to hold it with big mittens on.
We got back out there to do some more skating.
I wanted to Dad to push me along as I glided on my skates.
I fell down and wanted to sit here and re-coop before I get up.
Here is an action video of some of our skating. We had a great first time ice skating. We can't wait to go again.













No comments:
Post a Comment