Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A glorious day out sledding

January 16, 2017
Dad got the day of for MLK, so, we thought we would head out for a family outing and some fun in the snow!  The first stop was for some lunch.  Mom has wanted to eat at a food cart, but just never has, so, today we thought we would give it a try.  As you come into Prineville there is a Mexican food cart that we stopped at.  We all enjoyed our lunch from the food cart.
As mom and dad got everything ready and everybody dressed I thought I would do some playing around in the sled.  Look I am snow surfing.
I was told that snow surfing probably wasn't the best idea.
Trying to figure this out so I am all ready when we get to the hill!
I am all bundled up and ready to take on the hill!
Here I am getting ready for my first run down the hill.
All right dad send me down!



Well I made it to the bottom, but flipped out at the end and am now all sprawled out in the snow.
Don't worry I wasn't hurt.  I got right up with a smile on my face wanting to do it again!
Here is a video of me trying to sled down the hill.  Sometimes it is hard to get on that sled right.
I wanted to go down with Dad for my first run.  He is getting us set.
We are off!





Dad did sure kick up a lot of snow on the way down and we ended up out of the sled at the end, but we sure had a fun time together.
Here is a video of Dad and I sledding down together.
So much fun that we wanted to do it again.
Here I go again on another run down the hill.




This time I made it to the bottom without falling out of my sled!  I love sledding!
Trudging back up the hill, so, we can go again!
I kept going run after run after run.  Every time I would go up a little higher on the hill and get a little more adventuresome.
I think this smile says it all on how much fun I am having.
This video shows how fast I was going on the little blue saucer!
Taking a little break on the hill before I go down.  Actually I am waiting for McKenzie to come back up, so, we can go down together.
Dad had us all set and we are ready to go!
We had a fun ride down together!
Now I am sitting down at the bottom contemplating how to get back up to the top.  Where is the chair lift?
It was such a nice day out that dad even took off his jacket.  That is when sledding in nice.  When the sun is out and warm, but the snow is still soft!  We sure lucked out today with the weather and the fact that nobody else was out sledding and we had the whole hill to ourselves.
I wanted to try the green sled by myself.  It was a little tamer than the blue saucer.  That blue saucer would really send you down the hill.

It was a lot more mellow of a ride.  I think I like the speed of the saucer better, but this was still fun.
Taking a break and laying in the snow!
Dad was trying to hit us with some snow balls. 
My little snow bunny sitting around in the snow.
Dad and I went down again!  This time mom is at the top, because she put down the camera and got in on some sledding too!
I had to make a snow angel. 
There is nothing more relaxing then making a snow angel.
Even Dad made one with me!
This is how I usually would get up to the top of the hill.  I would lay down in the sled and have Dad pull me up.  I can be quite lazy, I mean persuasive at times!
Although this time Dad accidental let go of the rope and I went sliding down to the bottom without having any idea what was going on.
This is what I thought of Dad letting go.
I headed to the other side of the hill toward the parking lot since we were almost done sledding, but thought I would get in a couple of more runs while I waited for Mom, Dad, and Makayla.  Here is my last run!
We headed to the car to put our snowshoes on and do a little snowshoeing!
Surprise surprise!  Makayla opted for a ride in the sled instead of snowshoeing with her monster snowshoes.
Dad and Makayla are off down the trail. 
I have got to use my snowshoes around town, but this is the first time I get to use them out in the woods! 
I am off to a running start!
Then I wanted to try to pull Makayla in the sled while I snowshoed.
Mom and Dad had poles to go with their snowshoes and I wanted to try them out.  Dad set them to my size so I could see how they work.
Look at me go!
We headed out into the deeper powder!
I thought I would lay down and take a little nap while mom pulled me along.  The sweet life of a four year old. 
Dad was having fun playing around in his snowshoes and was climbing up this hill.  I thought it looked fun and wanted to try it out!
I have made it about half way up!
Dad snowshoed up to show me how to keep going!
On the way down I sat down and slid.  It was a fun snowshoeing challenge to go up the hill.
Mom was pulling me and had her camera so she thought we would get some pictures of me hanging out in the sled.
So I gave her a smile.  After all I probably owed her that for pulling me in the sled.
Such a sweet girl!
Just hanging out while we wait for McKenzie to catch up!
We are almost back to the car, but still have a little ways to go.
Mom took the sled out into the deep snow and my sled became covered in snow. 
Here is the shot that mom was hoping for!  What a fun day I had out sledding and riding in the snow!
At the end I was getting pretty tired.  After all we had been sledding all morning and climbing the hill and then snowshoeing, so, I guess it is expected that I would start to drag at the end!
We unbundled and got cozy for the car ride home.  Nothing like some tea to drink for after a day out in the snow.
I am all bundled up too and ready to head home.  We sure had a great time today out sledding and snowshoeing as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment