It is official! I am 6 years old now! How does a 6 years old want to celebrate her birthday? Well it starts with a trip to Black Bear for breakfast! It has become a tradition to go eat pancakes at the Black Bear for breakfast. I wanted to keep the tradition going!
We got up early, got dressed quickly and headed to breakfast, so, that I wouldn't be late for school!
My birthday breakfast is here and I am ready to dig in!
I love the 7 grain pancakes with strawberries and whip cream that they have there!
I am excited to eat my plate full of pancakes!
One more bite and I will have eaten the whole pancake!
It is fun to share the big stack of pancakes with Grammy!
I am glad Grammy and Granpy are hear to help me celebrate my birthday!
As we headed outside I wanted a birthday picture by the new black bears that they got!
A family pic!
McKenzie headed off to pre-k for the morning which meant we had a little down time until the birthday fun started back up! Grammy read me some books! I love to be read too!
We picked McKenzie up from pre-k and she wanted to go to Turtle Bay today and release butterflies! There were lots of butterflies out and about flying around. This one better be careful being on the ground not to get stepped on.
They were busy getting food from the flowers.
Nothing like hanging upside down and eating!
This year we were given a choice on what type of butterfly we wanted to release. We were able to choose between a Monarch butterfly or a Malachite butterfly. We choose the Malachite butterflies, since, we have never released that type before. I am carefully carrying mine over to the bushes to help it find a new home!
This year we got to release them at the same time! We are so cautious and careful not to disturb the butterflies.
We sat on the turtle statue for a quick photo op before we put them on a branch.
There goes mine onto the branch.
This is my (Makayla's) butterfly shortcake. We get to name the butterflies that we release. The ladies who worked there were really good about given name suggestions. Some of the names were real names other were silly. After many suggestions I decided that Shortcake should be the butterflies name.
After my sister put hers on a bush I then put mine on.
I went through a bunch of names with the ladies, but in the end I chose Lilly, which, is what I name most things. Here is Lilly the butterfly.
While we were releasing the butterflies a Western White Peacock landed on Daddy's shorts and stayed on there for quite awhile as we walked around and looked at the butterflies.
Pipevine Swallowtail Butterfly
We had fun identifying the butterflies for Grammy and Granpy!
It was a fun time releasing butterflies in the butterfly pavilion!
We headed out of the butterfly pavilion and found a table to have lunch at! We had cheese and crackers, veggies, fruit and a water ball! It was sure yummy! Especially the blueberries which I requested to have for my birthday!
I love when I get to practice my letters with Cheez-it crackers!
It was a yummy picnic lunch at Turtle Bay!
We stopped by the water to play in it and cool off!
Then I wanted to feed the larakeets!
This silly larakeet landing on Granpy's head.
I got a larakeet to come and eat out of my container.
It is fun to feed the birds.
It was nice that the birds took turns today and didn't all flock at once!
I got two birds who wanted to share!
It is fun to watch them eat and lick away.
I am so glad that Daddy was able to stay for part of my birthday and join in the birthday fun with me!
What colorful birds these guys are!
When I was done with my food, I got down to check out this bird and try to talk to him!
I think they were bird watching!!!!!
We stopped by the mill house building to put on a puppet show for everyone.
Watch out because the show comes to you!
The end! I hope you liked the show!
On the way out to the car we stopped in the museum to play for a little bit. We love to pack the mule bags for our adventure out into the frontier.
We went and hid in the little fish view alcove to watch the fish swim. We even got to see the beaver out and about swimming. That is something we have only seen one other time in all our trips to Turtle Bay. It was sure a fun afternoon at Turtle Bay! I got to do everything I wanted to do there!
We headed home to open some present and do birthday cake before Daddy had to leave for Prineville. There will be some more present pictures in a later post. We did ice cream pie before dinner so that Daddy would miss out on any of the birthday fun! Plus if you are going to have ice cream before dinner on your birthday would be the perfect day to do it!
I sure enjoyed the the ice cream cake. It was the perfect choice for a birthday dessert on a nice hot day like today!
When mom asked me what I wanted for dessert for my birthday I came up with an ice cream pie very quickly! We made one for mom for her birthday and liked it so much that I wanted to have one for my birthday too. I got to go to the store and pick out the ice cream. I really wanted strawberry in it, so, mom had some strawberry topping at home, so we made an ice cream sundae pie! After dessert we quickly got the house ready for somebody to look at and then headed to get some pizza for dinner. It was a long and fun couple of days celebrating my birthday!
Happy Birthday to our sweet, special, wonderful, lively, creative, smart, adventurous, playful, loving, friendly 6 year old. It has been so much fun watching you grow and take on new things through out this year. I have especially treasured all the special one on one time that we have had together. I am looking forward to watching you grow as a 6 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment