June 11, 2016
Our church had their annual Family Camp this weekend up at Living Spring. This year we decided to head up only for the day. With us moving and all of our camping stuff and all we have going on we thought it would more doable to just go up for the day. Even though we didn't go for the whole time we still had a blast on Saturday.
Mom and Dad stopped to talk to some people and we found this great post. We thought is was perfect place to play on and climb on. While we were standing there Collin came over to say hi!
Collin and McKenzie helped me climb up it, since, I couldn't do it by myself.
Then they helped me jump off!
We headed down to Allie's campground to enjoy the lunch that we packed.
It was fun to eat lunch amongst the trees with the creek nearby.
Daddy brought his little camp chair that he has had since his Rocky Mountain Youth days. I really wanted to try it out and sit in it. After all it looked like a chair that would be perfect for me!
Then I made funny faces for Mom!
Araya and Paisley came up for the day also. It was great to get to hang out with them.
Allie and I had a great time climbing around the campsite.
Araya and I had fun hang out in our chairs.
I let Paisley borrow my chair, so, I borrowed mom's chair.
Then I made room for Allie in the chair.
Daddy caught me!
We decided to get all bundled up and take a hike through the subway caves. Allie and I are headed down into the caves.
The subway caves are a lava tube that formed when Mt Lassen exploded.
We got a group photo of all of us down in the lava tube.
It was a little chilly and very dark down in the cave!
I stayed close to Daddy, so, I didn't get lost in the cave!
A family picture down in the cave.
A picture of all of us kids before we head out! We made it to the end!
We had a great time hiking through the cave. Now we have to climb out of it and find our way to the cars.
I was pretty excited about the chain I created with my glow bracelets.
My arms are stuck together!
We headed back to camp and had a little time before dinner, so, mom brought out the new bubble blower that I got for a birthday present to try out.
It was fun to use. Not only does it blow bubbles it also lights up while you blow the bubble!
McKenzie let me have a turn to try it out.
We had fun playing around and blowing bubbles. We even had other people head over and play with us.
It was a fun afternoon up at family camp.
We found Paisley again!
After dinner, Pastor Eric did a teaching that included a pinata. His wife was very brave to hold the blindfold on while I swung the bat.
After the teaching they started up the fire and put out s'more stuff.
Are s'mores were sure yummy!
I got a big piece of chocolate.
I am one tired little one, but I am going to finish the s'more. The camp is only about 30 miles from our home, but we both fell fast asleep on the way home. We had a fantastic day up at family camp!
No comments:
Post a Comment