Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sledding on MLK

January 18, 2016
Since Dad had the day off to for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, we thought we would head up to Mt. Shasta for a day in the snow.  We headed up to snowman's hill to see what the sledding was like.  I am getting a ride up to find a good spot to sled down.
What am I missing?
We thought we would try our first ride down together.  Okay Daddy, send us down to mom!
It started out pretty fun.
Then we hit a bump and took a little turn off course.
We went tumbling out.
I thought I would keep trying to sled some more on my bottom after we crashed.
I on the other hand was not so thrilled with crashing and needed some time to get over the tears.
I thought I would try out the disc sled and see how it went.
I needed a little time to sit and take it all in.  The sledding wasn't the greatest today.  There were a lot of bumps and holes in the snow today from where people had been walking, plus it had been warmer the last couple of day, which made sledding and staying on course difficult.
I thought I would try to go down with Dad,  We did some runs and then it really started to rain, so, we thought we would pack it up and try to go ice skating.  Unfortunately, we found out that the ice rink isn't covered, so, ice skating didn't pan out with the rain.  We headed to lunch and home.  The day wasn't exactly what we had planned, but it was still fun to get to spend the day as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment