Saturday, December 19, 2015

Woodland park zoo

November 27, 2015
Today is the Apple Cup and Uncle Scott got all dressed up in is Huskies gear to go watch the the University of Washington take on Washington State University!
We had to get our picture with such a big huskies fan.
Daddy, Granpy, and Uncle Scott are all ready to go to the football game.
While the guys went to the football game, we headed to the Woodland Park Zoo here in Seattle.  As soon as we walked in we saw our first animal.  It was a peacock just sitting there.  
We went to check out the farm they have a the zoo.  Unfortunately most of the animals weren't out on display for the winter.  We still had fun playing in this little play area!
You can't go to the farm with out riding the tractor.  
Aunt Helen gave me a piggy back ride over to see the flamingos!
We were quite fascinated by the flamingos and watched them and the ducks for quite awhile. 
Next we headed inside to the indoor play area.  We sure had fun climbing all around and then sliding down.  I kept climbing up and going down over and over and over again.  I loved the slide!
We climbed up onto pride rock to check out all the land around us. 
I had fun sliding down the slide too!
The jaguar was a big hit.  He kept pacing back and forth and we would march with him back and forth.  
He finally stopped and it was like you could put your hand out and pet him.  It is a good thing there was the glass there because he was so beautiful who wouldn't want to try to pet him.  
We had a great time watching the gorilla climb really high up in the tree.
Getting to feed the parakeets was a huge hit of the day!  Sydney was able to get one to land on her stick to eat the food.  
Aunt Helen lifted me up to help me get the bird to eat my food.  Mom was surprised that I actually wanted to feed the birds and liked it, since, at Turtle Bay I always say no to feeding the birds.
I had a great time trying to get the birds to eat my food!
There we go!  We got one on our stick!
Tyler is so still just letting that bird eat his food.
Grammy and I stood really still to try to get another bird to land on my stick!
One of the last things we did was went to visit the penguins.  They were fun to watch walk around and swim.  Grammy held me up for a better view. 
This penguin was quite the poser with Aunt Helen and I!
A hole to look through as you headed out.  
Time got away from us at the zoo and when we looked down we realized that it was past lunch and we should grab a quick bite to eat before we starved to death.
We got some pizza and it was sure yummy!
I love pizza!  It make me so happy!
We had a wonderful day at the zoo.  It was sure fun to see all the animals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment