February 14, 2015
Happy Valentine's Day! We had a wonderful sweet day as a family. It started out with some heart pancakes! They were sure yummy and messy!
We decided to take Valentine's Day seriously and be loving to each other today!
We got all cleaned up and dressed and are ready for the day. We had fun writing and coloring while we waited for dad to get ready.
It was a beautiful day here in Redding, so, we decided to take a walk along the river. We took a hold of Dad's hand while we walked to the trail.
First things first. We had to check out the river and look for fish. The river was and it was hard to see any fish.
A quick picture before we headed down the trail!
The trail was 1 1/2 miles round trip and I started off walking and walked the whole thing. Mom took along my backpack thinking that we would need it for me, but it turned out that she carried it for nothing!
We took a couple of side trails to the waters edge. Dad wanted to check the spots out for future fishing trips!
I was excited about the tree arch I found! It was fun searching for them along the trail!
We came across a boardwalk, that we thought was a bridge! It was sure fun to walk on!
Mom wanted me to stop for a picture.
We found a fun little rock beach that we had fun playing on. We will have to come back here on another day to be able to play longer! There were lots of pretty rocks to pick up.
Mom wanted to get a picture with us, but Makayla didn't really want to participate.
A little more sisterly love!
I had a great time finding rocks, so much so, I wanted to take on the trail with me.
I needed a little rest and squatted to give my legs a break!
I found this perfect little seat to rest on!
McKenzie came back to join us and see what was taking us so long!
She then wanted to try out the tree bench!
We headed home for a heart themed lunch. We had heart shaped tortilla wraps, cucumbers, and apples! We were pretty excited about all the hearts!
I really liked my heart apples!
I enjoyed all of my lunch! It is so much fun having heart shaped meals.
After lunch, we went down for a nap and when I woke up there were presents waiting in the living room for Kenzie and me. I was so excited to see the balloons when I woke up that I claimed both mine and mom's. I got really sad when I wasn't allowed to open my presents until McKenzie woke up. I got even more disappointed when I saw that there was Dora in my Minnie Mouse gift bag!
I was pretty excited to get to play with the balloons that Daddy got me!
McKenzie woke up and we wanted to open our presents from Daddy right away!
Daddy got us both a movie to go with our balloons and some princess stickers!
I was so excited to get another Dora show! I am a big fan of Dora and Boots!
I love to get presents! You could wrap up anything and I would be ecstatic.
For our Valentine's Day dinner we thought it would be fun to light up the fire pit and cook pie iron pizzas over it. We helped Dad by collecting sticks from around the yard to use for starting the fire!
We carefully helped cook our pie iron pizzas with Mom and Dad and then set up our chairs, so, we could sit by the fire from a distance.
We sure enjoyed eating our dinner outside! It was a beautiful evening outside.
When Makayla finished her pie iron pizza, she so sweetly asked for more pizza. She sure loves her pizza in any form!
After dinner, we headed inside for our campfire apple dessert and to watch an episode of my new Dora movie. It really was a wonderful Valentine's Day.







No comments:
Post a Comment