Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Basketball

January 9- February 13, 2015
For the last six Friday nights, I have been going to grasshopper basketball to learn some basic basketball skills.  One of the first skills that we learned was dribbling!
The next thing, we working on was bounce passes.  I did really well with the bounce pass, not so well with catching a bounce pass when it came to me!  That ball is kind of scary when it is coming at you.  
Sweet little Makayla was cracking me up.  She is going to be my future little Pat Summit.  She already has the coaching stance down while she watched everybody practice.
I needed a different viewing angle!  What am I going to do with these kids!
I had to consult with my assistant coach!
At the end, we worked on shooting baskets.  Here is a shot going in!
I had a lot of fun going to basketball.  I am ready to start my last session!
Pretty much the whole I time I was at basketball, my tongue was out in some way or another.  You will have to watch for it in all the pictures that follow!
Some free time while we waited for everybody to show up.  I worked on shooting some baskets!
Dribbling with Daddy!
Check out that form and tongue!
And that form!  I think I might be getting this!  The trick is in the tongue!
A celebration face!
I am still working on my dribbling and keeping it under control.  
Daddy and I are waiting to do our drill together!
Here is a video of the drill.  We dribble about three times and then pass it to our partner!
I had fun playing with Sienna today!
We would then work on our shots.  Here I am making a basket!
Today at the end, we tried a new drill!  Coach Gina would defend us, we would pass the ball, run to the basket to get the ball back and then take a shot!
Here I am running it into the basket.  I still need to work on the idea of traveling!
Here is a video of me doing the drill and making the basket at the end!
I had a lot of fun going and watch McKenzie play basketball.  Mom said that maybe soon I would actually be able to participate in a sport.  I was pretty excited about that idea!
A basket to finish it off!
It wouldn't be a grasshopper sport with our the hokey pokey at the end!
I got a certificate and a high five from Coach Gina at the end.  I was very sad that basketball was over and trying to figure out when I could do something else again on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment