Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Aunt Helen came to visit!

 January 16-19, 2015
 Aunt Helen had a Christmas present for us girls that was too big for us to bring home from Seattle, so, she drove down to visit us.  We were excited to have her visit.  The present she brought will be in the next blog, so, you will just have to wait in anticipation on what it is!  Today, we headed out to explore some of Whiskeytown and have a picnic in the sun.
 We were going to check out a waterfall, but the road was closed from a road slide, so, we headed to the historic Camden House and the El derado mine.  This bridge was originally set up as a toll bridge during the gold rush to cross over Crystal Creek.   
 We found a table in the sun by the Camden House to have a picnic lunch at.   
 Aunt Helen sat with us on the dry side of the table with the warm sun on our backs.  It was sure a fun lunch!
 After lunch, we went to explore the outside of the house.  I wanted to go and explore on my own, while, they cleaned up lunch.  Mom said, "I could go to the front porch since it was visible from the picnic table"!   
 Makayla and Aunt Helen came to join me on the porch!
 After exploring around the house, we headed out down the trail to the old gold mine.  We stopped by the river to throw some sand into it.  
 I stopped on the bridge to take a look at the water.   
 We made it to the mine with only a small incident along the way, lets just say that mom should not take me to the bathroom in the woods.  We had a fun morning with Aunt Helen! 
 We love our bedtime story!  We were happy that Aunt Helen could read it to us tonight!
 We had some fun adventures while Aunt Helen was here.  This morning, we went out on a walk along the middle creek falls here in Redding.  On our way back to our house, we decided to head to lunch!
 We tried to get a picture of the three of us, but Makayla was more interested in her bracelet.  
 So mom took a picture of Aunt Helen and me instead while we waited for our sandwiches to come.  
 I was not so sure about my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  For some reason I decided that I don't really like peanut butter.  I did however enjoy the cookie that the owner gave to us as a special treat! 
 I really liked my cookie and I ended up eating most of the sandwich, so that, made me happy! 
A sweet picture before we headed home for some nap time and garage cleaning!
 We usually have a book before we go down for naps, so of course, we choose Aunt Helen to read us a book again.  
 It is sure fun to have Aunt Helen here to read us stories and to hang out with.  
 Mom and Aunt Helen have been busy cleaning out and organizing our garage during nap times.  Aunt Helen loves to organize things and well mom needs the motivation to keep her going, because, usually she will start a project like that and grow bored quickly and never finish it.  Well after three nap times, they got the whole garage cleaned out and we decided to go to Chinese food at the airport to celebrate!  
 I wanted Aunt Helen to help me eat with my chopsticks!
Daddy and I had a great time eating together!  Stay tuned for the next blog and the rest of the fun we had with Aunt Helen!

No comments:

Post a Comment