Monday, February 9, 2015

A trip to explore the lake

 January 24, 2014
It was supposed to be another beautiful Saturday here in Redding, so, we thought we would head out and enjoy the day.  We headed to explore Shasta Lake and see how far down the water levels were.  They were down quite a bit, but we have faith that this spring will bring the rain that will bring them up.  
Daddy took his fishing pool, we took our buckets, mom had her camera, and Scout got to run around without a leash!  That makes for a fun outing for everybody!
As we headed down to the lake shore, I collected rocks along the way.  I found some really pretty ones to throw into the lake.  
McKenzie was excited for me to get down to her, because, she found some sea shells closer to the water.  I found some nice ones and put them in my bucket!
There were so many sea shells and rocks that is was hard to choose which ones to pick up.  
We kept ourselves busy for quite awhile throwing rocks into the lake!
It is fun to be out at the lake.  I have been asking for a while now to go to the lake and play.  Unfortunately, mom and dad didn't understand that I wanted to go swimming at the lake.  I was bummed to hear that it will be a couple of months before I can swim at the lake again.  
For Christmas Grandma and Grandpa got me a camera.  Today, was the perfect day to take it out and see what kind of pictures it takes.  Here is my picture of the lake from the shore we were on.  Mom said it was a very good picture especially since I am only four.  
I got a picture of dad in action.  Well at least fishing.  The fish weren't really biting today!
Another view of the lake!
A picture of Makayla down by the lake shore.  It was fun to get to take pictures with my camera.  I am excited to take many more!
When I was done taking pictures, I switched mom my camera for my bucket again and found a good place to sit down and look for pretty rocks and sea shells.  
Makayla came and sat down beside me to find some rocks for her bucket!
I went to hang out by dad for a little bit and watch him fish!  
It sure was fun walking along the shore and playing at the lake!
We headed back to the truck for a picnic lunch.  Well, we headed back to the truck and thought we would eat at a picnic table, but there weren't any around, so, we had a tailgate party!
The float tube was sure a fun place to sit and eat.  It was nice and bouncy!
We had a nice lunch with the sun on our backs!
I think it is time to head home and take a nap!
Even though I didn't get to go swimming, I was still happy to go and play at the lake today!

No comments:

Post a Comment