August 11, 2014
Today, we are headed outside to do some painting, so, we put on our painting clothes and are ready to go. I have to give Belle one last hug before we head outside, because, she is going to have to stay inside.
Mom found me some paint clothes for me to wear and I found a doll to play with and give a hug to before we headed outside.
We have been having fun making things from the Sesame Street food craft book. Today, we are making pasta noodle necklaces. The first thing we needed to do was paint some pasta noodles. Mom set up a paint tarp for us to sit on in the shade of fruit trees.
This first color we painted was blue!
I love to paint, but I don't get to that often and you will see why as the pictures continue.
I did a good job of painting the noodles. I figured it out pretty quickly and was able to paint them fairly thoroughly.
Makayla had gotten paint all over herself, so, I thought it would be fun to get some paint on me!
I learned from watching my sister that you could pick up the noodles and paint them that way.
I take my painting very seriously!
And the real painting begins! This is just the start of my masterpiece.
While we were sitting there, mom thought she would take a picture of some of the peaches in our tree.
We had some beautiful peaches grow in our tree this year. Here is one of them. Mom was excited about how picture perfect the peaches turned out so she had include one!
We needed some purple noodles for our necklaces!
This is my look from the blue paint, now, I am ready to add to my masterpiece with some purple paint. I got the blue from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet!
I wanted to use every bit of the purple paint for my noodles, so, I used what I could find in the lid.
Then, I got the bottle of paint and I couldn't be happier!
I also painted some noodles green and pink! All those colors should make for a pretty necklace.
I had a great time with the paint.
Here are some of the pretty noodles that we painted.
I really wanted some more noodles, so, I signed my form of "please" and ended up painting my shirt in the process!
I figured out the most effective way to paint the noodles was to just put them into the paint bottle. The only problem was sometime I had a hard time getting them out again!
I would shake them up to make sure they were covered and then have mom get the noodles out. I would then ask for some more noodles to do it all over again. Lucky thing the purple paint didn't have too much paint in the bottle to start with.
I continued to paint my noodles by hand, but I used the same brush in the different paint bottles, which, made my noodles multi colored and really fun!
Here is the end masterpiece! I had paint all over from the top to bottom and front to back!
I don't think there was an inch of visible skin on either of our hands!
Yeah! What a fun project! Now we are off to take a much needed bath!
When Daddy got home, we got him to lay down so we could climb on him and go for a horse ride. We really love our Daddy horse rides.

After dinner, mom helped us make our noodles into necklaces. Here is my noodle necklace!
I was able to thread my necklace by myself. I sure had fun making my noodle necklace from start to finish!





No comments:
Post a Comment